Houzz Logo Print
deb145

Ideas to dress up pool area

deb145
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I have a rather boring pool area - looking for a way to make the fence side in particular more appealing. I live in Brisbane (subtropical environment), the area gets full sun. Would like plant suggestions as well that won't drop leaves in to the pool.

Comentarios (10)

• Julie Herbert
    hace 6 años
    How wide is the garden bed?
    Big gorgeous pots of ‘Rhapis’ lady Palm would look beautiful, great foliage, lush and evergreen would certainly look very tropical , placed at intervals along fence line , paint fence, a dark charcoal , choose pots in various sizes but stick to one colour, looks like a fun area.
  • annb1997
    hace 6 años

I'd be inclined to paint the fence a light colour to tie in with your tiles, a white maybe. What is the colour of that low fence in last photo with your dog? You could paint that same as whatever colour you choose for fence. Otherwise it may be worthwhile looking at covering some of the timber fence with decorative screens as long as it can be done without damaging it. In agreement with Julie about potted plants. If you are wanting to change up or add to the outdoor furniture, what about a couple of timber loungers? I love the aqua Acapulco chairs.

• saldiamantina
    hace 6 años

Hi Deb145, Looking at your pool, I would paint the fence a nice dark colour so the pool stands out, and place pots with yucca in them, they dont drop leaves and they have a beautiful bright green leaf, they also have a beautiful large white flower that grows out the top. Next thing I would do is buy some more pool fencing and take that fence at the back, back into the grass area you will only need two sections, this will give you a lovely cool grassy place to put the sunlounges and put that beautiful tree in the pool area, you can then get a light and put it at the base to light the tree up at night, makes a big difference for those evenings in the pool. Keep it simple and uncluttered and use what you have first, big pots and less of them are far better than lots of small ones that can get in the way of swimmers. Create that area down the back with a pergola for swimmers to come to out of the sun, instead of just having a pool with a fence around it that you have to sit in to watch the kids. cheers Hope all goes well. Sallee

• Sheryl
    hace 6 años
    What a great pool for starters. I do see your dilemma though.
    For the fence: I would give it a paint, choose a colour that ties your house in. Add laser cut screens or put in a vertical wall garden as you don't have a lot of room to have a row of pots. In saying that a few large pots around are great to add some interest and colour. Strelitzia's are great plants to use. Tough, can handle sun, lovely bright orange flowers. Certain sun loving bromeliads, great colours. Clumping palms are always a winner. Just watch yuccas, as previously suggested, as they are often spikey, with kids running around I would stick with softer foliage.
    Somewhere to sit is always important but again you don't seem to have a lot of space and you don't want to overcrowd the area. Perhaps a long bench seat along the far fence, include outdoor cushions and built in storage under seat for pool toys. A large umbrella in the corner for some shade. All of these can add colour while being practical. However I do like the idea of extending the back pool fence out to create more space, Bali hut here we come! This may not be an option....
    Good luck, I'm sure with a bit of planning you can turn this into a beautiful space for everyone to enjoy.
  • Hugo O'Shanassy
    hace 6 años

Hey, I think you can go with glass pool fencing. Your pool area is big and beautiful. But, still you need to take some safety precaution while enjoying in the swimming pool. You should install glass pool fencing in your swimming pool area, as installing fencing is the safest way to avoid pool accidents. You can web on the Internet, as there are many useful sites available, providing installation services.

• PRO
    Focus Demolition & Asbestos Removal
    hace 6 años

A stunning vinyl pool liner in a different colour or texture can completely update the look of your outdoor space :)

• PRO
    Designer Plants Aust.
    hace 5 años

Hi there Deb,

Have you thought about using artificial Vertical Gardens/Hedges on the fence?

It's crazy how like-like it looks and it is all UV protected to ensure longevity.

We are located in VIC (ship across Aus) and using our product by the pool wont affect it at all!

There's so many designs to choose from and it is extremely easy to install.

If you are still not sure get in touch with us today and we can send you up some samples to show you just how good the product is!

Below are some photos of previous jobs we have done to give you an idea - many more on our Houzz Profile!

Cheers,

Aidan

Designer Plants Australia

• Sarah Beutel
    hace 5 años
    I would paint the pool fence black. Add some large round pot plants and a couple of shade sails (overlapped) to give you sun protection.
  • Susan Ballard
    hace 5 años
    I wouldn’t worry about plants in pool area I have found in my own pool area that less is better You need storage for all the pool stuff so a bench that can store Tables chairs etc just come dumping areas I would make a feature of fence with paint Maybe panels in different colours and some hanging hooks for towels etc
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.