Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_37241888

Advice on window treatment for eyebrow arched windows

User
hace 6 años

My living room has 3 eyebrow arched windows that were covered up by previous owners. I really want to be able to see the windows in their entirety, but once they are uncovered, I am not sure how to deal with them. There is the issue of privacy at night. I am not an exhibitionist, but I do wander around sans clothing on occasion. I have considered plantation shutters, but don't relish the idea of limiting the view. Not sure how I feel about curtains -- don't have any in the house. I can tell you that we are not keen on any window treatment that masks the arch or does not take it into consideration. Help me, please.

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Verona Home Design
    hace 6 años

I agree with Maureen as well.

User agradeció a Verona Home Design
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 6 años

I think curtains would be the best bet. You could get one rod to go over all three to make it even easier to open and close them as you need them.

User agradeció a Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks ... adjacent to this area is the breakfast area, with one very large, normal window. When entering the room from the main entrance, you definitely see it. In your opinions, should this window have matching curtains, plantation shutters or left as is?

• Maureen
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I wouldn't add drapery in the eating area...and with the beautiful molding, you want to highlight it. I would use the same fabric that is in the drapes and go with roman blinds.

User agradeció a Maureen
  • uniqueclassllc
    hace 6 años

The rod is a great idea if you place at the top of your windows but, this isn't the case you ha wood pieces at the top of the 2 window. I believe inside roman shades are the best solutions.

User agradeció a uniqueclassllc
  • PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    hace 6 años

Hey There: When it comes to eyebrow shape windows you can do bottom up top down operating blinds. The blinds will go up where the arch starts (the arch itself will not be covered) but in your situation there is no problem with light and privacy. The beauty is that you can raise the blinds from the bottom and still be able to enjoy the view...all blinds will be inside mount installation...

User agradeció a Fenstermann LLC
  • PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    hace 6 años

User agradeció a Jodie White Designs
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

@Jodie White Designs, Inc @Fenstermann LLC I like these options!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.