finestlove_p

Kitchen update

Amy Blanco
hace 6 años
Need ideas on how to update my kitchen in an inexpensive way. Already upgraded the counter tops and painted the cabinets. I feel like it’s missing something to look better but not sure what to do.

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Milano Doors
    hace 6 años

Hello. You have a fine kitchen! I would advise you to change a floor. This floor tile in such color not really well is in harmony with color schemes of your kitchen.

• hatetoshop
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

If changing the flooring isn't in the budget, right now, then I'd use a runner to break up the colour. You might also want to remove the scalloped trim over the sink, and update your lighting. Just curious -- is that sheet metal on the cabinet ends?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 6 años

Change the flooring and REMOVE the scalloped valance over the window, get some lighting under the cabinets, trade fridge for counter depth, tile the back splash/remove riser. In about that order, as $$$ allow.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 6 años

Flooring is definitely the issue here. That should be changed first (and agree with Jan about removing that scalloped piece of wood above the sink).

You should also look into getting a new light. Ceiling fans don't belong in kitchens, they should be for sitting areas.

• Amy Blanco
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you all. Those are really good ideas. I’m definitely removing the fan and changing the lights and the scallop window. The sides of the cabinets is not metal, just paint. However changing the floor would be too expensive as it extends to the kitchen dining are. See picture
  • Dee Sanchez
    hace 6 años

As said above, remove scallop, change flooring, and do a full height tile backsplash. Make sure to remove the 4" granite splash before you tile.

• acm
    hace 6 años

Then bring in some color. Art at the end of the cabinets and by the fridge, colorful rug in front of sink, maybe an accent or two. That will liven it all up.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

why do the sides of your cabinets look like they need another coat of paint? what's going on there?

Get a large runner for the kitchen floor in a black and white. look on craigslist and see if you can trade your fridge for a counter depth one. maybe see if Lowes has a floor model for a good price and sell yours.

• Darla Steele
    hace 6 años
    Remove scalloped wood, you can repaint the ends of cabinets to match all. Backsplash addition. Give height to cabinets with molding from Home Depot and paint. I myself would live with the fridge the way it is if it is new...
  • Amy Blanco
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you for the comments.. It is a new fridge, I can’t really afford another fridge right before the holidays. I like the idea of the crown molding! What kind of crown molding would you do? What about changing the color of the wall too?
  • User
    hace 6 años

A nice rug and better lighting are what jump out at me. GL!

• Darla Steele
    hace 6 años
    If it were me I would keep the walls the same color or neutral. I would add more drama with either wall hangings or the backsplash. You can pick any kind of molding or trim from Home Depot and they actually have white ones also. My husband picked these which apparently aren't moulding, but trim but it looks decent.
  • PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    hace 6 años

Since you can't afford new flooring the try a runner and a rug under your table in the dining room. That will at least help some, however, new flooring should come when you are able.

• felizlady
    hace 6 años
    Add some art on the blank walls....yes, art in the kitchen!
    Go to a rug superstore and look for a patterned rug which has a fair amount of your blue and some beige in it. Get one to almost fill the floor space in the kitchen. I use Oriental rugs in my kitchen: they can be cleaned and they feel good underfoot. You could even get a larger one in the same pattern for the dining area, if you like.
  • lucidos
    hace 6 años

I think going with a warm bronze wall color and painting (yes painting) the grout in a color as visually similar to the tile as possible. Then adding a runner oh! and remove the scallop over the sink.

As funds permit add 2 semi-flush lights centered to the space.
    A nice soffit treatment is as follows.

• PRO
    ULLMAN CONSTRUCTION CO LLC
    hace 6 años

Add light rail molding to the bottom of the upper cabinets. Makes the cabinets look bigger and more defined.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.