Houzz Logo Print
cheeryself

Flooring Dilemma, please help.

cheeryself
hace 6 años

We are finally replacing the ugly orangy-pink tile in our Florida room with the same cortec plank we used in kitchen and living room. The dilemma I have is with the direction of the planks. If we lay them in the direction of the windows, then they would be perpendicular to the flooring in the kitchen. Or continue the direction from the main living area which would make them perpendicular to the windows? I'm posting two photos to show the room. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 6 años

Continue in the same direction as the rest of the space. And please check to make sure the Florida room will have CONTINUOUS, year round HUMIDITY CONTROL. Like most vinyl floors, CoreTec does NOT like to get hot....and it gets very upset when it is exposed to too much humidity (as in "out door" conditions).

If you are unable to use air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter, you will need to look at something other than vinyl.

cheeryself agradeció a Cancork Floor Inc.
  • PRO
    Terry's Floor Fashions Inc
    hace 6 años

I would run the CoreTec the opposite way. It would look alot better and give the sunroom it's own space. Are you taking up the tile or putting it over the existing tile? I also agree with Cancork make sure it's climate controlled. If it is and there is a lot of direct sun you might need to get some curtains or blinds. Coretec recommends gluing it down if a lot of direct sunlight/ heat comes in.

cheeryself agradeció a Terry's Floor Fashions Inc
  • PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Cancork offers good advise above. I too would suggest running it in the same direction as the living so that everything flows nicely.

cheeryself agradeció a Cinar Interiors, Inc.
  • cheeryself
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for your help everyone. yes, the room has heating and air and we will put up blinds. We are planning to put it over the existing tile - that is the main reason that we using Cortec instead of new tile. We removed tile in the kitchen and hallway to put up the Cortec last year and that is an experience I don't want to repeat. I'll submit a photo when it's done.

• Nancy
    hace 6 años

If you run them the same direction, how much will it bug you if the seams don't exactly line up??

cheeryself agradeció a Nancy
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.