Houzz Logo Print
debbie_clark36

wooden floor dilemma

Debbie Clark
hace 6 años

We are renovating a house and most of the house has rimu floorboards which we will sand and polish but there is an extension that has a chipboard floor in the dining roughly 10 sq metres and it is an entrance into the house. Should we make it a point of difference with tiles or lino ?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Kerry Bryan Interiors
    hace 6 años

Is there any way that you have the budget for wood flooring to be replicated the same as your Rimu? This would be the best option. If not a terracotta tile would look beautiful. Do you have any photos of the area?

I'd be happy to be of assistance throughout your project if you'd like some one to one help and advice along the way feel free to email me directly.

Email - kerrybryaninteriors@outlook.com

Good luck with your project!

Kerry

• Debbie Clark
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your thoughts, I dont think we would be able to do rimu flooring but a terracotta tile sounds good. No dont have any pics at this stage.

awsum!

• PRO
    Fusion Landscape Design Limited
    hace 6 años

Subject to were you live you can get tongue and groove rimu flooring machined from recycled rimu at demolition yards. I did this when I doubled the size of my current home. I also had the skirting boards and door frames made. The cost is very reasonable and wouldn't be much more if any compared to tiles. It is worth looking into.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.