Houzz Logo Print
homeswithmela

Kitchen Back Splash Ideas?

Kitchen and home are contemporary. Would like to add interest without having it be too busy. Client is open to all ideas.
- Client would like "something fun" for behind the stove.

Comentarios (12)

• suzyq53
    hace 6 años

That stove needs a heat guard. Not that much fun but required. So after you figure out which height guards are available for that model, you can plan accordingly. Usually the smallest is 9", but they have taller ones that have a shelf on top. Either way, there will not be much space to accent. I'd chose something simple that pulls in the island materia and works with the perimeter tops.l

• acm
    hace 6 años

On my monitor, the island looks white with gray veins and the periphery looks tan with brown veins. Is that right, or is the second photo misleading?

Honestly, I think I'd go with something white, whether beveled ceramic, glass, or maybe a slight iridescent. You don't want more patterns and colors here, unless you could get something like a change from subway to arabesque over the stove...

• PRO
    HOMES WITH MELA & STAGING HOMES CHICAGO
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I have never put in a heat guard - is this truly necessary?

The counter tops both have a white base- sorry the photo is misleading.
  • PRO
    Hunt Studio Design
    hace 6 años

Go simple and white. There is enough going on and a "fun" backsplash will be too much. One needs a place to rest the eye.

• Violet Thorne
    hace 6 años

subway tiles nice glass tile is nice but they probably wouldn't match with the cabinets! You can put cheap subway tile and splurge on a more expensive tile above the stove!

• Violet Thorne
    hace 6 años

• Jackie
    hace 6 años
    What’s the countertop material used on the island? It’s beautiful and agree that is the focus of the kitchen.
  • suzyq53
    hace 6 años

Yes, if you read the code or the brochure for the range you will find it. A few ideas. All of these should have guards like the second picture.

• PRO
    Imperial Flooring Inc.
    hace 6 años

Here is some completed backsplashes we have done in the past.Check out our backsplash photos for more ideas.

• PRO
    Express Wholesale Cabinets
    hace 6 años

Capture a neutral tone within the installed countertops.

I'm thinking a neutral grey white grout or slight off white with grey grout to bring the different counters back into union.

Keep it simple.

Large tiles = less lines = visually larger space.

It has lower ceilings so, simple is suggested.

Highly recommended to bring 3 tile samples into the space.

View all with the new lighting installed off & on & day & evening.

Then choose your favorite.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.