Houzz Logo Print
rhys_morgan8

(Please help) Furnishing Lounge advice

Rhys
hace 6 años

Right, I'm halfway through furnishing my lounge and plan on replacing/adding the sofa, Rug and Coffee table for the main points. But to do that i need to know what colour and i feel like adding a colour to the room would be the best bet?

So far the plan is to replace the corner sofa with a three seater and put a two seater where the bay window is. Second Replacing the rug with one that near enough fills the room as it feels fairly cold at the moment. Thirdly is the coffee table but thats to be decided after the above.

Simply put, i want Advice on what colour to add to the room for the best outcome?

Any other ideas would be appreciated, Thanks :)

Comentarios (7)

• havingfun
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

your rug preferences

• Rhys
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

A lighter sofa does sound like a good idea and would the lift the feel of the room abit. I wasn't completely sure about adding a two seater sofa against the bay window, due blocking the light and, it might look abit misplaced with the size of the room. However the idea of having two separate seats solves that and would look ideal in my opinion.

with my budget I would have to go with fabric as fake leather would rip/tear to easily.

Mounting the projector was the plan to begin with but is now a problem due to cable management. I didn't really want trucking down the wall which is the only solution as the carpets can't up in the bedrooms. I think hiding it within the coffee table would be the best bet.

Rugs wise i do like that second and third one with the blues, depending on the price and size that sort of theme would be ideal.

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

I like those options too.

https://www.allmodern.com/Casey-Area-Rug-VKGL4356.html?piid%5B0%5D=17989960&piid=17989965

https://www.westelm.com/products/expressionist-printed-rug-teal-t3145/?pkey=crugs-flooring

both are on sale. there are very few of the first one. i will keep my eyes peeled, just in case.

Rhys agradeció a havingfun
  • katinparadise
    hace 6 años

Usually a two seater sofa is only comfortable for one person anyway, so having two smaller chairs would actually increase your seating capacity. Hiding the projector within a coffee table is a great idea as well. Sounds as though you have a plan and only need find the right pieces. Good luck with your project!

• PRO
    Nicola Interiors
    hace 6 años

It seems like a good idea to add seating over near the window with some chairs. Here are a few designs of ours that might help with some colors, chairs, and design ideas.

• PRO
    Du Interiors - Dulce Roberto
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Where to start designing your space? Start with the area rug first. From its design, you can choose colors to paint your walls and find throw pillows and paintings to complete the decor. The area rug should be a large rug to make the space feel bigger. Depending on the look that you want for the space you can choose the design and go from there. I would ask for a short (1 to 2 hours) consultation with a designer on your area to help you to get started.

After you picked the rug, you can choose the sofa and accent chairs to complement the look that you are going for.

You have many options for sofa (I recommend a two cushion sofa) and chairs (with legs verses fully upholstery)...define the style first.

Cheers,

Du

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.