Houzz Logo Print
kristinandrew

Finding Designers with Accounts

Kristin Kim
hace 6 años

There's a company (just one) in my city that carries the designers I'm looking at for fabric. They only sell to the trade. How do I go about finding local designers that would have an account with this company?

Comentarios (15)

• Kristin Kim
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Forgot to mention, when I asked the company they said they wouldn't be able to tell me (!?)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 6 años

Most interior designers either already have accounts with a lot of companies or can easily open one if it's a line they have not previously used. Find a designer and expect to pay a substantial mark-up. BTW, what is the brand of fabric?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 6 años

Ask that design center to recommend an interior designer.

• Kristin Kim
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks everyone.

Anglo..., the brand is Osborne & Little (including Matthew Williamson). Also have been keen on Nina Campbell.

Rather..., I'm still deciding between a few, but they are all O&L/MW.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    hace 6 años

If you know the design name and the brand, you can Google it and you will discover many places that will order to-the-trade fabric for you. Many are in the UK, but the price might still make this attractive.

• PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    hace 6 años

Unless they specified that the designer has to have an account, it's possible they'll sell to a designer who doesn't have an account. Often they just have to produce proof that they're a designer, sometimes it's just a letterhead.

• PRO
    Lars/J. Robert Scott
    hace 6 años

Try Source 4 Interiors and see what they say.

• PRO
    Karla Billey Design Inc.
    hace 6 años

go to the fabric company's website you are interested in (in this case Osborne & Little). Click on Stockists, enter your country and postal code and they let you know which company is closest to you for ordering through.

• PRO
    Lars/J. Robert Scott
    hace 6 años

Karla, I believe that she has already been to that company, and that company is the one that told her that she needed to order through a designer.

Kristin, is that the case? The O&L website will only give you representative showrooms that sell to the trade only - not retail dealers, from what I can tell. At least I did not find any retail outlets there.

• PRO
    Karla Billey Design Inc.
    hace 6 años

Yes, Some are listed in my area that can order, others are showrooms she can contact and they would have a list of the designer's who have accounts that can order for her area.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Just go through the design center nearest you that carries Osborne and Little. They WILL be able to recommend a designer you can contact.

Thats your only route. No design center will do business with a designer who does not have a resale certificate allowing the designer to collect and report sales tax in your state.

No letterhead is sufficient. Sorry.

• veggiegardnr
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Have you tried looking online for the fabric? I googled osborne and little fabric and you can buy it, yourself, online. One of the previous posters gave a link to one place that you can buy it online (source 4 interiors is open to the public). I don't know if it's less or more expensive to just buy it yourself (or if the specific fabric you want is available online), but... I'm sure there are multiple places to get the fabric and I'll bet you can actually buy it yourself, online, if you'd like to do that. I think there are alternatives to giving your business to an uncooperative and unhelpful store...

• chispa
    hace 6 años

Here is another online design store. I've gotten quotes from them, but never purchased. https://ladesignconcepts.com/

• chestnut3
    hace 6 años

I found O & L on Ebay!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.