waldorfxtk

Flat roof garage exhaust solution!!

hace 6 años

Hello,

I am in AZ and my flat roof garage (20 X 24 with 8' ceiling) gets quite hot during summer months due to the trapped heat inside, I would like to install some sort of exhaust so the heat is not constantly baking my vehicles. if it was a pitched roof, I would simply have couple of Whirlybirds installed however due to the flat roof that may not be possible. There have been suggestions that I should looking into having AC installed, and I am sure that may be a solution, but I just need to employ a solution that doesn't require an AC. I thank you for your help.

Comentarios (11)

• hace 6 años

Thank you Windows for your advise, it is block construction which is old school and very hard to bore or break, and house was built in mid 70s. I am thinking about having two (2 x 2 x 3) frames build on the roof and having two Whirlybirds installed. I think that would most definitely be a workaround solution.

• hace 6 años

Hi John, I live in Scottsdale AZ and also have a block home with flat roof. Every few months I look for a solution to vent my hot garage but have never had much luck. I'd much prefer a roof solution since I believe it'll work best due to heat rising. Another benefit is that I don't want to lose wall storage. My interior has a skylight and I'm wondering if similar construction can be done in the garage but with a thermostat controlled fan instead.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

Simply install a Whirlybird or Max Vent. Remember tough what you take out you need to replace so install an intake as well. We do this both in vented flat roof systems often. Treat it the same.

• hace 4 años

J Cubed why pull up a 3 year old post for that?

• PRO
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I came across this thread just like others may. The general consensus in discussion towards flat roofs seemed very negative and uninformed. Everyone on these comments can now take solace in the fact that flat roofs just need to be installed by professionals. Answering questions of this nature are best provided from people that understand the scope of work. One should not consult an electrician to answer a plumbing question is really all I’m saying.

• PRO
    hace 4 años

"negative and uninformed"...? Do tell. What was "negative and uniformed" in your opinion?

• PRO
    hace 4 años

WoW Ltd. you may read my wording wrong and it may have come across that way no disrespect by any means.

• hace 4 años

I am still stumped why you felt it necessary to pull up a 3 year old post to say use a whirlly bird and hire a pro as most people have no idea what they are doing with a flat roof?

• PRO
    hace 4 años

I wasn't perceiving any disrespect personally, just wondering what you thought was "negative and uninformed". I can find no such statement or comment that meets that description.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Whirlybirds all the way.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.