Houzz Logo Print
wey_hey

Sofa dilemma, please help!

wey_hey
hace 6 años

Hello Houzz,

We are updating our lounge and the carpet has just been fitted. I need help with what colour sofas to choose. We've been looking at off white and soft grey, but have to wait 14-15 weeks for those... What are your thoughts about cream? The cream set is available in 7 days. Please see photos:

This is the cream one:

Comentarios (14)

• wey_hey
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

The colour of carpet is 'moonlight dream' it's between deep grey and dark navy

• wey_hey
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

We can fit 2x 3 seater and 2x 2 seater - wondering about a mix of 2 different colours - or whether going all one colour will keep the feeling of space..... look forward to hearing your thoughts!

• Daisy England
    hace 6 años
    I think the cream one would suit fine. Personally I don't like two tone kitchens so wouldn't entertain two different sofas.
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Cream would be great!

White wall, blue carpet
    Milliken Floors · Más información

• minnie101
    hace 6 años

I'm not a huge fan of cream and white either unless it's layered. I'd go for the grey to bring in another colour and the grey (and white) sofa have a more modern look

• Soraya
    hace 6 años
    I also prefer the grey one. It works better with the colour of the carpet as has the same tone. Cream works better with yellow tones. I think the white and grey combination would work as well.
  • wendy Anderson
    hace 6 años
    I think grey and navy look beautiful together. If it were me, I would go for the grey sofas- the wait is annoying now, but really it isn't that much longer and you will have exactly what you want
  • PRO
    Christine Yorath Design
    hace 6 años

I would have the white or pale grey not cream...that takes you in to another palate. The room looks as if it has a sharp modern feel to it but the suite you have chosen dosent. You can get a comfortable suite without it looking so traditional, have you thought of having a suite made? That way you get exactly the size and shape and cover you choose and it can be just as good value.

• KK1000
    hace 6 años
    Go for square arms and big . softer colour not dark greyer or stark white .
  • Christine Naylor
    hace 6 años
    Hi,

I think the grey looks better, it's worth the wait to get the one you like. Chris
  • Jonathan
    hace 6 años
    Personally I don't like either of these sofas for this space. Firstly I think that since the colour palate for the walls and floor is cool and masculine the choice of leather is too clinical and you should be going for a softer fabric choice.
    Furthermore I think that these pieces are too small for the room you have - instead you should be looking for a chaise style sofa that will likely be 290cm long or more and a two seater at around 200cm plus one chair.
    I do agree with the advice about not mixing cream and white
  • wey_hey
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you all for your comments & advice. Have discovered that the cream suite is the only one on offer - the other ones are twice the price, and not in our price bracket. So decision made, and the suite is on it's way!

I am hoping to layer with rug on the floor, coffee table, cushions, throws & lighting. Still deciding on window treatment.

• PRO
    Couch Potato Company
    hace 6 años

What a stunning space! Glad you made your decision on the sofa, it's going to look lovely.

In terms of accessories and rugs, I think the room would look best with some more greys and blues, to accent that lovely carpet. You will need good lighting, especially in the darker corner on the right.

This is a great rug that would bring in some more blue tones. Then you could accessorise with similar colours in your cushions, throws and curtains/blinds.

These lamps are gorgeous and minimalist, and give a lovely soft glow. They come in different sizes, and can be hung in attractive groups, or as statement lights on their own.

And they come in a 'nomad' option - these can be picked up and carried around by their little silicone handle, and placed on the floor or table.

And for coffee tables - these smart metal side tables come in a few varying shades of white, grey, blue and black, and several heights. They could be placed next to the sofa, or in the corner.

Links to all products mentioned:

Best of luck with the rest of your designing - it's looking great already. Do upload pictures when it's done!

If you've got any questions, let me know.

Phoebe

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.