Houzz Logo Print
shelbie_ammirati

Bathroom Vanity vs. Built In

Shelbie Ammirati
hace 6 años
Hi!

I am trying to get an idea of which is more cost friendly. I am trying to save money where I can since we are building our new house but can't decide what is a better price. I've been searching online for vanities and find it hard to imagine that they are the cheaper route. Can someone tell me what the built in cabinets normally run from?

My guest bathroom is 48" for the vanity and the master bathroom will have an 81" vanity.

Thank you!

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    K Interior Design Group
    hace 6 años

Not sure where you are located, but a pre-built one will range from 600-3,000 based on those dimensions. They include the stone, and the sink, so you wouldn't have to incur additional costs. Sometimes, they may even include the faucets, but they are typically Chinese faucets and pretty Blah.

Custom Built ones, can be double or sometimes maybe even triple that price, for just the cabinet. You would need to buy your own sink, and unless you have extra material left from maybe your kitchen, you would need to purchase a full slab of stone for your vanities. Some places sell half a slab, and some stone fabricators may sometime have extra left over material, which they may sell to you. Now, you must also factor in that the cost of fabricating and installing this stone will be added on to this too.

If you're on a tight budget, pre-built may be a solution. If later on (like in 5 years) you get more money, or bore with it, you can rip it out, and do your custom one.

Now, if this is your dream home, and can afford to go custom, I highly encourage you to do so because the quality, your specifics needs, and finishes are catered to you.

• Shelbie Ammirati
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    We live in Florida but this helped tremendously!!! I forgot about the extras like the counter and sink and such.

Thank you!
  • PRO
    K Interior Design Group
    hace 6 años

Are you in south Florida? If so, I can suggest a place that has nicer vanities you can actually go see..

• Shelbie Ammirati
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    We live by Fort Myers, FL
  • PRO
    Broedell Plumbing Supply, Inc.
    hace 6 años

We have a showroom in Ft. Myers - Stop in and talk to a Sales Consultant, they are very helpful and will assist as much as they area able. The address is 10994 Metro Parkway.

• Shelbie Ammirati
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Sounds great, thank you!
  • PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    hace 6 años

Pre-built meaning what?

• Shelbie Ammirati
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Pre built like a vanity from like Home depot or online that is already together
  • PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    hace 6 años

Unless you're going to be moving soon, use something else. The pre-packaged stuff from the big box stores all come from China. It won't hold up well past about three or four years down the road.

• Shelbie Ammirati
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    yes it did thank you!!! awesome feedback!
  • katinparadise
    hace 6 años

Glad to help. Good luck with your new home!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.