Houzz Logo Print
atx78730

Need help pick new door

atx78730
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

We are renovating our home and need a new door. The horizontal transom WILL BE REMOVED to make way for 8 foot double doors. I definitely think iron is out as this house is not that kind of look. Thoughts???

Comentarios (11)

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

A photo of the complete from of the home would be of help.

atx78730 agradeció a Porter Edun
  • atx78730
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Having more windows in the door would open the space up a bit as well since the door is set back a ways....

atx78730 agradeció a Porter Edun
  • atx78730
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I would like to have front doors with all or many windows just cannot find the one that I like. Frustrating!

• jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    The porch is very clumsy. As the door is well inset, you could eliminate the columns and the gable.
  • Angel 18432
    hace 6 años

Solid doors may look nice as you don't need light. The light fixtures are more of an issue to me. Remove them and have one pendant light.

atx78730 agradeció a Angel 18432
  • simstress
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Search for "true divided lite" doors or TDL doors. There's a ton out there!

Also, I agree with Angel that the light fixtures should be updated too. Those lights were not meant for that location. Get sleek sconces that lie relatively flat to the wall.

I don't think a pendant fixture is prudent. All of my neighbors who have a pendant in a tall porch end up tethering the pendant so that wind doesn't blow the fixture into the large window or smash it against the brick. Hope this helps.

atx78730 agradeció a simstress
  • atx78730
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

@angel18432 @simstress We are not at the lighting stage yet, but thank you for your thoughts.

• PRO
    Bud Dietrich, AIA
    hace 6 años

Hi Kelley -

Please e-mail me ( bud@hfdarchitects.com ) so we can discuss.

• suzyq53
    hace 6 años

Here are a few idea pics. Your house can handle more contemporary clean look. When you're ready address the lighting and the beautiful trees that are blocking your whole house.

Prairie style home · Más información

Contemporary Coastal Home · Más información

atx78730 agradeció a suzyq53
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.