Houzz Logo Print
sstrazisar

STI Revolution's performance fabric

Stephanie S
hace 6 años

I'm interested in using a performance fabric on my living room furniture, and I've looked at Crypton, Sunbrella, and Revolution. I like the look and hand of Revolution best, and also it's lower price point. But I don't see as many reviews, experiences, etc on this product as the other two. Does anyone have any experience using, or considering this product? Thanks in advance!

Comentarios (107)

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

Its interesting all reviews and so many different people's negative comments are gone on your site now. Poof gone as of today. And people can no longer leave reviews. Things that make you go hmmmmmm even more. Thank you for continuing to show the truth.

• ES S
    hace 3 años

Hi Anderson, hope all is well.

Please call me

267 968 9745

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

Eric Shafman good luck.

• 22k22
    hace 3 años

I was just about to order a large sectional covered with Revolution fabric. Now after seeing this thread I am having major second thoughts. I see people have mentioned issues with pilling and water stains with the Sugarshack fabric. Has anyone had issues or experience with the Hailey style?

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

Not me but my fabric is horrible. Trying to get new covers with Norwalk's help because manufacturer says its the stores responsibility. Norwalk said they had problems with some specific Revolution fabrics and Revolution has tweaked these materials and now they're supposedly better. Apparently I bought one that was a very bad performer. Revolution fabric itself was only out about two years when I bought mine. Too new to tell how it would perform. I'm still just so disappointed and I know some stores quit carrying it. Good luck.

• 22k22
    hace 3 años

Debi V. that really stinks. I would be very frustrated, too. The store who manufactured the sofa should really just bite the bullet and replace it for you since they offer it with that fabric. It should be up to them to do their homework- not the customer! What specific fabric did you use?

• PRO
    Revolution Performance Fabrics
    hace 3 años

22k22, You will love your new sofa in pattern Hailey. Hailey has been one of our longest selling fabrics because it looks like linen but is easy to clean. I have a few dogs at home and a sofa made with Hailey from Bassett Furniture. I clean it every now and then but I've had it for 5 years now and it still looks great. Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your interest in Revolution.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Debi V. Thank you again for joining the conversation. Norwalk and Revolution have replaced your cushion twice now. If you are still disappointed, please reach out to us via email. Thank you for supporting textiles woven in the U.S.A.

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

Hi, I haven't received anything but first replacement which was same fail due to it also being the old formula apparently (per Norwalk). Haven't gotten anything from Norwalk. Followed up last week, they seemed to not know who I was or what I was following up on. Surprise. Not. Have a good week.

• ES S
    hace 3 años

Unfortunately, I didn't have a good experience with Revolution but it could have been the style. My issue was finally resolved.

• Michael Wilson
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

I too was considering an Alpha sectional from City Furniture upholstered in Revolution Fabric, made in Mississippi, by Kevin Charles Fine Upholstery. But after reading the reviews, I'm unsure. Is it really not stain resistant and piles easily? I wanted the white because of the stain resistant claims. Does anyone have experience with white?

• fwm123
    hace 3 años

The pilling is absolutely awful. You cannot spot treat anything or it will leave a very ugly ring around the stain- this makes cleaning very labor-intensive and unreasonable to do regularly. All of my furniture with “regular” upholstery is much easier to keep clean and holds up far better. I do not recommend Revolution fabric.

• Michael Wilson
    hace 3 años

Thanks for the reply. What color is your fabric? Do you have any pics? You noticed issues at 6 months?

• ES S
    hace 3 años

Feel free to text me 267 968 9745

• marni m
    hace 3 años

Waiting to hear back from the retailer who was to contact the manufacturer who in turn was to contact Revolution re pilling/fuzzy fabric....we will see. Previous communication with Revolution went cold. I reached out to the retailer again hoping for a resolution.

• sbv1962
    hace 3 años

I am curious if there is one Revolution pattern that is more of a problem than the others? I have purchased Hailey in "Straw" directly from Revolution and like one of the other reviewers, I first bought a sample that went through a pretty rigorous test. My couch is in production now in North Carolina (I ordered directly from the manufacturer).

• Robyn Oakley
    hace 3 años

I have sugar shack and the company I purchased through are replacing both sofas... had for 6 months, fabric pulling apart. I have 5 kids, this weave seems too big for kids and dogs. What is the tightest weave, best fabric for kids and dogs?

• sbv1962
    hace 3 años

robyn oakley - I looked at Sugar Shack and was worried about the weave. My decorator recommended Hailey. I was able to order fabric directly from Revolution at a MUCH cheaper price than through a local fabric distributor.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hi Everyone, Sbv1962 is right. for high traffic areas, I would recommend our pattern Hailey for kids and pets. Sugershack is a beautiful weave but the larger yarns are more prone to claws and dirty paws.

• Kathleen Miceli
    hace 3 años

I just ordered a love seat and couch made of Revolution fabric at Raymour and Flanagan it’s the “Alphie “

I can’t tell you how leery I was as I had previously had a couch that pi

I was assured that the Revolution fabric did it not pill, my sales lady offered to double check with her rep...

after reading these revipews I am cancelling my order tomorrow.

it’s too bad because I like the look of the furniture

• marni m
    hace 3 años

Still waiting to hear back, still hoping for a resolution. And I agree, the fabric is beautiful, it is a shame that the Revolution fabrics don't all perform as promised, I am sure there are many that do. And in terms of Sugarshack, we have not had any issues with the weave loops themselves which have remained in tact, it's just the entire fabric is fuzzy and pilling. Which again is most bothersome because one of the selling features for me was the fact that it wasn't supposed to do this!

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

I was able to get replacement covers made after working with Norwalk for quite awhile. Norwalk worked with Revolution to get the fabric and mailed us the covers, which we just put on a few days ago. Norwalk rep admittedly told me that this particular Revolution fabric has had issues since inception, but now has a new type of content or whatever so should not spot or pill like the first fabric lots did. Apparently there are several of these fabrics that have has issues and a few that actually do perform well.. mine is one that does not.. However, as far as the replacements, two of the new replacement bottom covers have spots or defects, and none of the back casings fit well and look trashy and not a tight fit at all. They look like kids have jumped on them..they do not fit the cushions tightly. Totally discouraged with this whole situation still. I'm trying (again) to get a response from Norwalk but so far nothing. I realize I'm a thorn in their side but when you get to almost $5,000 it isn't chump change, we have no kids or grandkids jumping or eating or drinking on this, we are clean senior citizens who barely even use this. Hopefully those with continued issues keep trying. I am so very tired of all of this but this is just ridiculous. Its not like its a cheap brand we bought, nor a cheap fabric. Trying to post pic but its not uploading. EDIT: To be clear, Revolution did replace the fabric. What we received as replacement, one has a flaw and one has a stain, as well as the back covers do not fit at all and are sloppy. This part (fit) is a Norwalk issue, not a Revolution issue.

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

• sbv1962
    hace 3 años

Debi V- which pattern of Revolution did you originally have? Did you replace with a different pattern.

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

Bopper is my fabric. I couldn't change it because frame still has the original Bopper fabric on it.

• PRO
    hace 3 años

Hey Karen, We have not communicated with you until this post. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Since you bought furniture, we will be working with Norwalk on your warranty claim. I have sent your email to Norwalk and they will reach out to you soon.

Thank you for supporting textiles and furniture made in the U.S.A.

• Karen L.
    hace 3 años

Thank you I'm talking to someone now. Thank you.

• Debi V.
    hace 3 años

To those with issues, keep reaching out, if your store doesn't help go directly to the company whether its Bassett, Norwalk, whomever, or go to Revolution. Despite being told I voided the warranty (never put any after market product as they claimed when I first reached out, but how can I prove it....that was really when things went downhill, when I was told it was normal wear and tear after about 6 months, and I voided the warranty regardless) they have now replaced my covers twice. and I was told this is an upgraded or refined fiber content that will not pill, wear, or stain like the first lots did...we will see, its only been two months. I'm still working with Norwalk on another longtime issue that is separate from Revolution fabric. I just think that furniture in general nowadays is not made like it used to be, even once reputable brands. Unfortunately landfills are being filled with disposable use a couple years then replace cheap furniture now. I always looked at my furniture as an investment in a quality product and I still do.

• Christine Christopher
    hace 3 años

I am looking at Revolution Fabrics to recover a sofa & two chairs. What is the specific names of the materials in question that people on this thread are having problems with? I am looking at Nude Beach Linen for my sofa, Opel print for chairs???? I love the idea of fabric made in the USA - and I want this type of fabric? I would be ordering fabric from the company** and bringing to my upholsterer.

• Deborah Ballard
    hace 3 años

I am also interested in which fabrics have had the issues with pilling. I am looking at Sunrise Natural on a King Hickory sofa. I cannot the find fabric on the revolution website though. Any thoughts on this fabric. I have 3 kids and 1 very spoiled dog who loves the couch. Thank you!

• sbv1962
    hace 3 años

I have the Revolution fabric "Hailey" in color Straw. So far, I am extremely pleased with it. it's a tight weave, but very comfortable to sit on. You can see the tightness of the weave in the 3rd picture - yellow arrows. I have two large club chairs coming in Crypton "Dorado" in color Snow (white square in top middle of 3rd picture), so I will soon be able to compare the two brands.

• PRO
    Cullen Custom Homes
    hace 3 años

Stains like anything. The anti stain is not accurate at all. waste of $.

• Deborah Ballard
    hace 3 años

Thank you sbv1962! I really like the Hailey Straw but only the Hailey Seasalt and Hailey linen are available through King Hickory. The one I've picked has a fairly tight weave as well but not quite as much as the Hailey line. I'm nervous reading all these reviews but a lot them seem to be related to Sugarshack which is not as tight.

• Deborah Ballard
    hace 3 años

Cullen Custom Homes - which fabric do you have that is staining? Thanks!

• toni123x
    hace 3 años

I just purchased a sofa and love seat with Revolution Fabric called Hanson Pearl... I really do hope it didn’t pull... but after reading all this I am now really concerned...

• toni123x
    hace 3 años

...clarification... hope it doesn’t pill*....

• sbv1962
    hace 3 años

Deborah Ballard - did you ask King Hickory if you can supply your own fabric? I ordered my sectional at Dallas Market (Charles Ray Showroom), via my decorator, directly from Miles Talbott in North Carolina, but I purchased the fabric from Revolution and had it shipped to Miles Talbott. I did the same thing with my club chairs that will be covered in Crypton "Dorado", except the manufacturer is Huntington House. Charles Ray didn't have the specific fabrics I was looking for.

• Jennifer De Vries
    hace 3 años

I bought a Craftmaster sectional with Revolutions Guest List fabric about 2 years ago. I bought the furniture from Hudsons and they sold me a very expensive 5 year warranty from Furniture Care Protection Plans. Hudson's told me that this warranty would cover absolutely anything and everything that happened to the furniture covered under this plan. The Revolutions fabric is degrading, then pilling terribly. What's interesting is that it seems to only occur in the areas that are near windows. Furniture Care Protection says they won't cover this issue, now I'm talking to the retailer. But, if the retailer won't cover it, then I have to go to Craftmaster. And if Craftmaster won't cover it, then I have to go to the company that makes the fabric.

So, when you have a fabric issue, where the fabric degrades easily, I think fabric company should take care of this, and from what I've seen on this thread that's not the case. So, if you're thinking about getting Revolutions fabric on your furniture, you're taking a risk of having a multi-tiered fight to get your furniture fixed.

• ES S
    hace 3 años

It was never ending trying to get my issue resolved.Sadly, I wouldn't recommend revolution fabric at all to anyone. The claims made were totally false about the durability of the fabric. I had a ton of back and forth and finally the retailer took care of the issue.

• Jennifer De Vries
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

I wouldn't recommend Revolution fabric either, especially if the furniture will be in a sunny location and you plan to use it regularly. I'm in a similar situation to one of the earlier reviewers in that the sectional is in FL and it gets light use because we live there only part-time. I have never had this type of experience with any upholstered furniture I've bought in the past, and I'm very upset and disappointed about it, and no one in the whole supply chain takes responsibility for the problem.

• User
    hace 2 años

Revolution Sugarshack in nickel. We are retired and only use this sofa once in a while. After 3 weeks the seams were separating and it was pilling terribly. The furniture store replaced the cushions and 2 years later the cushions are separating again.

We purchased an extended warranty but our claim was denied, citing “quality issues” and “defects” with the fabric. Even though it’s been two years the furniture store is refunding a
    portion of the purchase price of the sofa because it is literally falling apart.

• PRO
    Carlo Home Decor
    hace 2 años

The pilling I can't say anything about but the pictures you are showing are splitting because whoever put this sofa together didn't over lock the seams; we get so may repairs like this at our shop. Most woven fabrics tend to fray when you cut them so you have to over lock the seams and that won't happen

• sbv1962
    hace 2 años

As an update to my February 10, 2021 post about Revolution “Hailey” fabric - it’s been 14 months and we could not be more pleased. It gets heavy use - my kids and husband sleep on it and they spend every evening on it watching TV (and all day Saturday/Sunday watching sports). No pilling and no visible wear - it looks like the day or teas delivered. It is a tight weave which I believe lends itself to a superior performance over some of the other patterns referenced in this thread. We have not tested it for stains - so far no accidents.

• marni m
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

You’re lucky, wish we had the same experience. Glad it worked out for you. Hailey seems like a safe bet

• pattisteindl
    el último año

Purchased lovely sectional with Revolution fabric (Hailey in an off white color) particularly due to the claims of how easy it would be to clean. Very disappointed. simply blotting with water left water rings. Had to treat the entire cushion to avoid water rings and the bleach solution suggested on website to clean tougher stains did not always work and in some cases seem to make the stains worse. We are empty nesters so minimal use of the sofa. After much frustration am heading to the retailer for some kind of resolution.

• ES S
    el último año

Had the best luck when reaching out to retailer. Took a lot of time. Spoke with the revolution company but they weren't too understanding. Took a lot of time. Good luck

• Jamie Hempel
    el último año

Thank you for the 14 month review of the Hailey fabric. I was considering both Hailey and Sugarshack in a Sterling or Metal color - both are gray.

The furniture store warned me that the Sugarshack may pull or pull, especially with a cat. It’s just not as tight of a weave as the Hailey.

After discovering this thread, I’m glad that I ordered the Hailey fabric for the sofa.

• stephvelasquez1962
    el último año

@Jamie Hempel - you are welcome. We are at month 20 - still NO issues. No pilling, shedding, snagging. SomOne is sleeping on it ALL.THE.TIME.

• Rachel Brown
    el último año

Inside out rolla lace Taylor king sectional. I just made claim. Severe pilling fuzz and sofa looks old and not same crisp fabric. I have made claim direct on their website. I will see how they handle. The sectional was $8,000 and 14 months old.

• Beth Robb
    hace 9 meses

I have Revolution fabric on a sofa I purchased that was made by J Furniture out of Mississippi. This fabric is horrible. Piled very bad! Entire sofa is junk, couch bed broke the third time we used it, actually metal snapped in half, clearly a manufacturer's defect, which they would not honor. Will never purchase anything from J Furniture again, nor will order anything with Revolution fabric.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.