Houzz Logo Print
staylor62

Backsplash ideas

s tee
hace 6 años
I'm looking for backsplash ideas. My countertop (galaxy white) is busy and my cabinets are white (cc40). I love herringbone and arabesque, but I'm not sure if they're too busy. Ideas?

Comentarios (11)

• acm
    hace 6 años

Another vote for a subdued single color, taken from your countertop. You might look at a tile called "pearl" carried by Lowes, which is a cool taupe and has a bit of a handmade look, while being relatively inexpensive. Given your tan floor, this would probably be a great match.

Bring home a few samples in the same range of tones, as some that you like by themselves won't go with the precise colors of your counter or floor. Should be enough options to find the right one, though.

• PRO
    Randy Trainor
    hace 6 años

Yes, something simple and like a glass subway tile would work well. Go for something that is the lightest color in your countertops.

Contemporary Kitchen & Bath · Más información

• s tee
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I like this wavy one too, but my husband thinks it's more for bathrooms. Lol
  • acm
    hace 6 años

it's a modern look.

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años
    Hi s tee, Yes, keep the backsplash simple, for the countertop is the showstopper here. Simple white subway tile is your best bet here.
  • s tee
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks everyone I picked up a few samples and agree the white looks best. Even glass white tiles look grey when I put them up against the wall
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

white subway tile isn't the 'best'. there are no bests. it's what you like. 3x6 subway tiles can look just as busy as any other type of tile. what gets busy looking is mixing in different colors and patterns, like a linear bar mosaic. now that's busy.

you want something to compliment the countertop. Can you do Arabesque? of course you can. and many have.

Dasha81 just finished her kitchen after agonizing for days on what to choose. she was also 'advised' to go w/white subway tile. She's so glad she didn't.

tilebar.com byzantine arabesque in white,

another arabesque, smaller, solid tile. her granite is very busy. looks fine doesn't it?

make sure if you look at anything white, you get a sample. whites will make your cabinet white and countertop white look 'off' if not the same tone.

this is Nabi, crazed subway tile, 3x6 in a Glacier White. (tilebar) has a cooler tone

this one is a flat white, 3x12, Byzantine Bianco, (tilebar). yes you can also do a herringbone w/your countertop. it will look no busier than if you laid these in a regular pattern.

• Amie
    hace 6 años

I was going to suggest a white glass subway tile in a herringbone pattern. I also love the white solid arabesque. Beautiful and subtle without being boring or plain

• PRO
    Creative Builders
    hace 6 años

Here at B&R Creative Builders we agree with avandervelde9's comment above, but would suggest trying a grey grout, instead of a white grout.

We would suggest a white subway tile in a herringbone pattern with grey grout to create more interest, or a white arabesque tile with grey grout. The grey grout will let the pattern of the tile pop, and actually give the kitchen a more modern look. Grey grout will also pull in the darker grays and blacks that you have in the granite counter top. Good luck! Your kitchen is looking great so far!

• s tee
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.