Houzz Logo Print
kmschaefer628

Firewood nook dimensions

kmschaefer628
hace 6 años
Could you please share the dimensions of the opening firewood storage opening, including depth? Thank you!
Newport Beach Residence · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Paul Davis Architects
    hace 6 años

Hello, kmschaefer628 - thank you for your question. We are getting back to active monitoring of the Houzz account after a bit of a hiatus, and I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. As to the firewood niche, we coordinated its height and width with the concrete block module - and those blocks are 4" high X 16" long. This means that the niche is 16" wide and 40" tall (ie one block wide and 10 tall). Its depth is approximately 2'-8" (32"). That is deeper than you would tend to need for normal-sized logs, but it resulted from the basic structure of the chimney. I think you could do well with a depth of 24" or even somewhat less.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have additional questions.

Best of luck with your project.

Yours,

Paul

PDA

• kmschaefer628
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks so much! No worries, we still have time before needing to finalize our fireplace. I love this design and hope to somewhat mimic it. Thanks again for your reply, it's much appreciated!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.