Houzz Logo Print
carriemarcelo

Livingroom help :)

Carrie M
hace 6 años
I'm having a tough time with the living space in our new house. (Photo is from listing-we aren't in it yet). There is the back door right in the middle of the far wall which I think is awkward, but not enough to not get the house. I really didn't want to put the tv over the fireplace but I can't stand having two competing focal points in a room. We'll prob end up with it over. Maybe a leaning bookshelf to the right of fireplace and a round mirror over a cabinet on the left side to help with balance. We want to get a sectional so everyone will fit. Do we put it up against the back wall or move it closer to the fireplace and put shelves on that back wall? I don't want to cut the direct line to outside but part of me wants to ignore that door is there and just create a beautiful, cozy space. Thank you in advance!! :)

Comentarios (10)

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

sectionals usually do not work that way. how many people do you wish to see, how many are young children?

How about putting the tv to the right of the fireplace?

• jansgirl
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Yes, that's the traffic pattern to go out but it's also the traffic pattern to block TV viewing if anyone walks past. I'd rather a sofa facing the FP but floating about where the one rug is so traffic can be routed behind the sofa. Or a sectional w/ the long side on the loveseat wall. Then you could do another chair on the other side of the room. Not sure if there is enough room w/ only the one photo.

• Carrie M
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you! We are a family of 4 with young kids but entertain a lot so I'd really love more than a couch and love seat. I do like the idea of the traffic to the door go behind the couch instead of in front. It's a very strange layout with the door being off of the living room instead of the kitchen.
  • PRO
    Bespoke Decor
    hace 6 años

Floating the sectional in the room is always best. You seem to have enough space for a sectional with a path behind the sofa. The "el" part of the sectional should be along the side where the loveseat is now, not blocking the doors. Do you need bookshelves, or can you simply hang artwork and leave the path open? If you want storage, you could buy a low bookcase to run behind the part of the sectional that backs up into the main living space (where the loveseat is now).

• Carrie M
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you so much! I actually just stumbled upon another house for sale in our neighborhood that I think does exactly what you are suggesting! I love their floors. Gorgeous. Tv above fireplace but maybe that's what will happen. We don't use our fireplace much. I appreciate your feedback!!
  • Val B
    hace 6 años
    I would also move the tv to the side of the fireplace instead of above it.
  • havingfun
    hace 6 años

you have the space to have 2 face each other and possibly even an L?

• jansgirl
    hace 6 años

Two sofas, havingfun?

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

she said she has quite a few to seat.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.