Houzz Logo Print
jo_jobling

Garage door colours

Jo Jobling
hace 6 años

We are currently building a reclaimed red brick house with black window frames and possibly a black front door. The roof goes on this week and will be colorbond Basalt. I am unsure what colour to do the garage doors as they are quite prominent. Triple garage comprising of a double and a single. Was thinking of going a lighter colour like shale grey but have been also considering going the same as the roof (Basalt)???

What color would look best?

Comentarios (10)

• Courtney Allan
    hace 6 años

I think shale grey would be quite nice and eyecatching as you mentioned that the doors are quite prominent.

• robandlyn
    hace 6 años

Personally, I would choose Basalt

• girlguides
    hace 6 años
    I think garage doors shouldn't be feature and as they will be quite prominent I'd also go basalt so doors recede and lovely brick stands out For same reason I'd have a lighter coloured front door not black so front door stands out and attracts one to the entrance to your home really interesting bricks!
  • Jo Jobling
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks. The bricks are reclaimed from the knockdown of the poultry pavilion at the Melbourne show grounds. We are loving them.
    I'm swaying towards Basalt garage doors but I think I need to see the roof go on first.
  • LesleyH
    hace 6 años
    Basalt from me also.
  • tksjbl
    hace 6 años

Definitely basalt.

• JE C
    hace 6 años
    basalt for me...
  • PRO
    The Builder's Wife
    hace 6 años

I am going to agree with many of the above, Basalt. :)

• PRO
    Adam Cox
    hace 6 años

Basalt will tie in nicely to the rest of the house, I think it will be stunning!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.