Houzz Logo Print
maryam_mkhtr

small bedroom layout???

Mary
hace 6 años

I need your advice to design this small bedroom. it has a very big 180cm window(which is not in the centre) and radiator underneath of same width. it has a shallow recess of 37cm where i am thinking to fit a slim ikea pax wardobe. or should i put the bed in the recess and have a corner wardrobe by the right hand side of the window. I really want a traditional bedroom design with a luxurious feel to it but cant workout how to place all those elements in without making it crowded. storage is very important because two of us have loads of stuff. so please give your ideas to make this room beautiful. Thanks

Comentarios (17)

• Liz
    hace 6 años
    My bedroom is more or less exactly same size. Layout works like this:

- bed on longest wall but offset to be nearer window to give room for wardrobe on wall (with door)
    - another wardrobe and dresser opposite bed.
    - I'd recommend choosing wardrobes with sliding doors

Photos of my room attached. My bed is king size and room dimensions are same as yours.

Best of luck
  • Liz
    hace 6 años
    Another couple of photos to help you visualise space
  • PRO
    JMW Interiors
    hace 6 años
    Hi Mary, have a look on my website in the small spaces project. You will see a solution to a very similar space that I designed recently. The idea was developed to match the specific needs of the client then completed by a local carpenter. A 3D model drawing of your space would not be expensive and, if you supplied the measurements and some photos as well as details of your storage requirements, could be done without a home visit. You could then hire a local carpenter to carry out the work for you. If you want any additional information just message me.
  • Liz
    hace 6 años
    Oh and my window is not in centre either but I have run the curtains wall to wall to simply the look.
  • PRO
    MERRICK DESIGNS
    hace 6 años

I like Jen p design, u could also consider storage seat at foot of bed (lenghth)

• kiwimills
    hace 6 años
    adding to Jens idea. 30 cm storage behind bed. as well. floor to ceiling or half way up wall so lamps could go on. cupboards at side ?
  • kiwimills
    hace 6 años
    storage under bed..most important in small space.
  • kiwimills
    hace 6 años
    wardrobes to side like jen suggested. storage above bedhead.
  • kiwimills
    hace 6 años
    storage storage storage !!! under , behind...at the side...
    and a blind is a good idea. less visual ' clutter' use texture on the bed.
  • Mary
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I like the idea of floating side tables and underbed drawers but don't want the cupboards around my head. there is only 100cm between bed (foot end) and wall so not sure how the chest of drawers will fit in but would like to have one and a mirror on top.
  • minnie101
    hace 6 años

I agree with Jens ideas. I would however go for mirrored wardrobe doors which will make the space feel much bigger. It might be easier to access a storage bed such as this? Something on legs would be ideal. I'd just swap winter and summer clothes twice a year. My calculations might be wrong (!) but depending on bed size I think you should have either 4ft or 4'3 at the end of the bed so you could fit a slim chest of drawers? If you go for something similar to the wall colour it won't visually fill the space

• Mary
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks minnie I like the storage idea it ll be more accessible than drawers. actually I like the bed any idea where should I look for it? I was looking for those white french style wooden beds but they are way beyond my budget at the moment. I like colour and low feet side will save a little bit of space as well.
  • PRO
    Bloc Blinds
    hace 6 años

Hi Mary

One clever way to make more space and optimise daylight is to fit window blinds. I would recommend our award winning BlocOut™ blinds in the bedroom, not only do they provide unrivaled levels of darkness for sleep but they also create a very neat and clean aesthetic for a de-cluttered window and floor area. See below...

Contact us if you need any advice

Good Luck!

Sile

• kiwimills
    hace 6 años

Pros who only push their wares....getting on my nerves!

• lkirk44
    hace 6 años
    I am of different opinion to others l would put bed in recess opposite the window for max light, wardrobe on the right keeps the flow around your bed x
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.