Houzz Logo Print
richfield95

Accents to tie living room and sunporch

richfield95
hace 6 años

Our sunporch is right off our living room and I'd like to get some accessories to tie the spaces together. All of the furniture except the end tables will stay. The living room built-ins are solid cherry and will not be painted (I have thought about puting fabric in the back of the glass cabinets to lighten the space). My husband bought me the living room rug, I know it's too small but he was so proud of himself that it has to stay. But I'm open to layering a larger rug underneath it.

i was hoping to tie the rooms together with fabric (I can sew drapery, pillows,etc) and other similar accessories.

Im not sure what to do about window treatments on the sunporch, nothing, panels, blinds? I'm open to painting the trim on the sunporch, but I'm not thrilled painting the walls as they're coated in polyurethane and I don't feel like taking that project on.

The wall behind the chairs is getting refinished, there used to be kitchen cabinets there. It will eventually just be painted, no tile.

A few pillows i was I was wondering about:

Comentarios (20)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    hace 6 años

Your living room rug might fit better if you had the sofa facing the TV, with the rug in front of the sofa. Even tho rules may say that the rug should be under the sofa, I'll cut you a little slack so that you can show off that rug that hubby gave you to better effect. You can start the rug at the edge of the sofa and i swear that the design police will not come arrest you! Would that work?

Another possibility would be to try the sun porch rug in the living room and vice versa. The living room looks dark, but maybe it's just a bad photo. Perhaps you'd show us another one. I like your pillow fabrics as they will lighten things up in the living room and tie the colors of the two spaces together.

richfield95 agradeció a Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • havingfun
    hace 6 años

how about recovering the either the sunporch cushions or the two chairs, with something midway between the two?

richfield95 agradeció a havingfun
  • richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Here's a little better picture, it also shows the new kitchen layout. I used an old one of the sofa because I don't have the rug down at the moment (our new dog likes to pull the yarns out one by one). I like the idea of the sofa facing the TV but I'm afraid our room is too narrow. The living room is very dark, there's one small, off centered ceiling light and only one window. Someday we're going to add a box window with a window seat across from the sofa. I want to lighten up the dark sofa, I was hoping pillows would do the trick and maybe recovering the ottoman. We love our backyard and don't have to worry about privacy so I'd like to do some type of window treatments to break up all the wood but not block any of the view.

• PRO
    hace 6 años

If you like the idea of the sofa facing the TV, try it, even if the room is narrow. Angle the sofa if you have to (I love angled sofas!) and maybe you'll like it...worth a try. Of the fabrics you showed, my fave is the last one, with the paisleys.

• PRO
    Aero Drapery & Blind
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hunter Douglas just came out with a new ClearView Silhouette Shade. It's beautiful, and gives you a much clearer view to the outside than the older version. Plus with all the different fabric choices you should definitely be able to find something that will break up all the wood in there. It is definitely worth a look! Here is the website for you to look at.

Silhouette-Clearview

richfield95 agradeció a Aero Drapery & Blind
  • havingfun
    hace 6 años

you know, from what i can see of your rug, perhaps placing it with the 2 chairs would go a long ways toward bringing the 3 areas together.

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

This is the other wall of the living room. Would it be best to angle the sofa based on the wall it's at now, or this wall with tha fireplace (notice the rug eating dog, but no rug :) ). Please excuse the cabinet shelves leaned against the wall, they're just there temporarily while we finish kitchen upgrades

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I'm not really up for recovering the chairs as they're newish, but I was thinking pillows in the, would make a big difference. I'm just awful at tying fabrics together and not sure how to pick up the colors from the rug and sunporch while minimizing the amount of red in the space.

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

• jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    The living room needs lamps and art. Let the up-beat rug shine in the sun room: don't create competition with patterned cushions.
    richfield95 agradeció a jbtanyderi
  • PRO
    hace 6 años

It appears that an angled sofa may not work in your room, along with the chairs. What are the dimensions of the room?

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

The room is 11'9" wide, and from the built ins to the back of the chairs is roughly 15'. The room overall is 24'. It's the long, narrow living room I swore I'd never have.

I feel like the sunporch is missing something to complete it. I'd rather not do shades covering th windows as the surrounding trees block the light from being in your eyes for all but an hour in the morning. I was thinking window treatments would soften the room and make it look more pulled together

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

How would this one look on the couch to bring in a different color?

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

how about you did one pillow to draw all 3 areas together and then branched off from there.

Amazon.com: branch white flowers pillow · Más información

Amazon.com: branch white flowers pillow · Más información
    you see the green chairs so you can put these in there and then you can use leaves for couch?
    Luxury Crystal Gray Pillow Covers, Art Silk Throw Pillow Covers, Jewels · Más información

Amazon.com: Popeven Palm Tree Accent Pillows Decorative Pillow Cover 18 x 18 Inc · Más información

Amazon.com: Popeven Leaves Pillow Sham for Bed Swaying Palm Decorative Pillow Co · Más información
    something like this?

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

red couch

Amazon.com: Pillow Case,Vovotrade Super Soft Square Throw Pillow Case Decorative · Más información

Pillows | Joss & Main · Más información

Pillows | Joss & Main · Más información

chairs:

Amazon.com: Manual Climaweave Indoor/Outdoor Decorative Throw Pillow, 24 X 18-In · Más información

Amazon.com: Manual Climaweave Indoor/Outdoor Decorative Throw Pillow, 24 X 18-In · Más información

• PRO
    Aero Drapery & Blind
    hace 6 años

Side Panel Drapery might be a good way to do that then!

richfield95 agradeció a Aero Drapery & Blind
  • richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I really like the bird pillows for the sunporch, but would I be able to use them in the living room too. The color of the jeweled pillow is beautiful, but my husband wasn't the biggest fan. Do you think that tone would work in both rooms?

for the side panel drapes, do you mean just basically one panel in each corner of the room? Would a simple unlined white panel work, or not because of the tone in the sunporch rug?

• richfield95
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thoughts on these?

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

those are cute pillows richfield.

the bird pillows are simple, if you use a couple where you see them, it unites all 3 rooms. 1 theme of birds and uniting of same colors. then variations to allow each room to maintain its individualism.

I think the jeweled pillow was for you? anyway

Amaryllis Pillow 18" x 18" – Golden Hill Studio · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.