Houzz Logo Print
kbreda

1960's Kitchen Cabinet Hinge Help Needed!

kbreda
hace 6 años

I am having my kitchen cabinets repainted and updated with new hardware. I would like to use polished nickel hardware but am having trouble figuring out what hinges will work with my old cabinets. What I have currently are 3/8 inch inset cabinets. I've uploaded a picture of the outside and inside of my current hinge. Ideally, I would like to use something that either only shows the barrel of the hinge (does not attach to the face of the cabinet) or shows no hinge. Can anyone recommend a hinge that would work? Thank you in advance!!

Comentarios (6)

• suezbell
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

These don't clean up well at all. Far better to fill in all the holes and replace the hinges with something larger, preferably stainless steel, that will cover the existing holes and need holes at a different spot.

Remove one hinge for size and style comparison and then make a trip to your nearby big box building supply stores -- plural -- and any hardware stores in your area so you can actually hold and carefully look at the hinges that are available. Even if the store doesn't have the quantity of hinges of your choice in stock, if you find what you like, they can usually order it for you.

• kbreda
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Oh yeah, I do not want to clean them up. I want to remove them and fill the holes and start over! I just found a video on youtube of someone coverting this style of door to european hinges (not visible). That's what I'd like to do.

• kbreda
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Yeah, I tried that one, it's quite large - kind of "thick" if that makes sense. I didn't know if anyone knew of any that were possibly a little more delicate/smaller... If I choose polished nickel hardware, should I have a polished nickel hinge?

• emmarene9
    hace 6 años

Why can't you use some version of interior hinge?

• PRO
    Clairmont∙Design∙Remodeling
    el último año

You can buy partial inset hinges at Home Depot or Amazon in matte black, etc. You may need to notch the cabinets for a good fit. A multi-tool will do the job.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.