Houzz Logo Print
andy_youings

Will Victorian original pine doors look ok with oak LVT flooring?

Andy Youings
hace 6 años
Hi there,
I'm just about to undertake a refurbishment of a Victorian flat conversion and would like to restore and retain the original pine 4 panel doors and will most likely strip them back to wood. However, we also have a lot of oak going into the kitchen design and looking at oak effect LVT flooring.

My question is; has anyone experience of whether oak and pine work together, visually?

Comentarios (7)

• Jonathan
    hace 6 años
    To be honest pine doors were always supposed to be painted- to be authentic they should be painted and in my opinion too many wood finishes makes a grander property feel cottage like.
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    They could possibly work, but it depends on the colours of the pine and the oak. You'd need to see them together.
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    Different woods mixed
    Ski Resort Lodge · Más información
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    And I love the look of grand doors brought back to the bare wood
  • Megan Stewart
    hace 6 años

In my experience it will look better finished if you had the same timber throughout, as pine & oak can look mismatched sometimes (they are close enough in colour but yet not the same). But it depends on the colour of the pine doors, it may work.

• PRO
    Heat Architecture London
    hace 6 años
    Best not strip the doors, it will ruin them and they will fight with the floor. We painted ours in a grey flat oil finish.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.