fm1515

Rug and wall decor ideas?

Frances V
hace 6 años

I'm trying to figure out a rug and wall decor for this living room. I like the monochromatic look. The colors are taupe, grays, browns and white/gray walls. Thank you!

Comentarios (64)

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Love all this, Home Interiors with Ease! Thank you. The jucar rug would be nice to add some texture.

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Jbtanyderi, I know you are right. Everything is spread out too much as I'm trying to fill the large space. My husband said you would have to shout across to whoever is on the other couch..lol! Maybe I can bring them in closer and put small console tables behind the couches? I was planning to add end tables also so I'm not sure how much is too much?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Wonderful!:) love that Uttermost rug..the fern prints are even more beautiful in person...all reviews on them are 5 stars..no clients has ever been disappointed with them.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

You only need 18" from coffee table to front of sofa..you will need to pull your sofa down and away from the chairs as much as possible once you pull the sofas closer to the coffee table..

• PRO
    Corinne Natel Art Ltd
    hace 6 años

It's a lovely room. Here are some original artwork suggestions below. For more information feel free to email me: design@corinnenatel.co.uk

• leelee
    hace 6 años

This is a print that would possibly work in your room. It's from Williams-Sonoma Home.

Frances V agradeció a leelee
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

Good start, but it does look a bit like a waiting room. How about switching the chairs with one of the sofas, angling them with a round table to loosen up the stark feeling? Then pick a great piece of art to hang 5" above the sofa back. Buy a rug that is large enough for both sofas to have it slip under the front 1/3 of them. It should extend past their ends by a foot or more. Get a table to fill the corner between the two sofas and add a table lamp there. The table should reach arm height (or within 1") and the lamp on top should bring total height of the two to 58-64" above the floor.

Frances V agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Soltech Solutions LLC
    hace 6 años

Beautiful room! Love the monochromatic look you've pulled off. Our simple suggestion would be the addition of a fruiting dwarf tree. Something like an avocado tree to add just a touch of vibrancy, texture and dimension. Good luck!

Frances V agradeció a Soltech Solutions LLC
  • PRO
    Esmaili Rugs and Antiques, Inc.
    hace 6 años

Hello fm1515 and Houzz Pros.

We photoshopped a few different styles into the space. What do you think? :)

10 x 13 Moroccan Style Rug

9 x 12 Modern Abstract Rug

9 x 12 Transitional Oushak Style Rug

Warm regards,

Frances V agradeció a Esmaili Rugs and Antiques, Inc.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Not crazy about any of them..but I know it helps the homeowner visualize...try to photoshop rugs that are more monochromatic..that is what the homeowners are wanting....something with more texture and contemporary.

Frances V agradeció a Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    hace 6 años

This is a simple 10 x 14 gray rug.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

A big bold painting brings serious flair, and can instantly change the vibe of any space.

Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop -

https://www.houzz.com/pro/poochoudhary/__public

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery

****CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE ****

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you everyone. It's so nice to get ideas. I really appreciate it!

• PRO
    hace 6 años

Here is a muted color Khotan style rug.

Transitional Khotan Design Rug 80187
    Exact Size: 09'05 X 13'07

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Frances V agradeció a groveraxle
  • PRO
    hace 6 años

Love it, groveraxle Once again, you nailed it :)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Has a safari kind of look...hmmmm....not feeling the art..second rug is nice but more traditional formal feel....not sure...with the coffee table choice and the basket I think the homeowner is looking for a more family feel..casual cozy....just guessing?

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Could this work?

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Groveraxle, the rugs are nice, the colors work great. I agree with "Home Interiors", I'm not into the safari look. I do like a cozy feel and something with a younger, more current vibe I guess. I love seeing all of these ideas. Thank you, thank you!!!

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

fm1515, give me the link to that rug and I'll put it your room. In the meantime...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Here are some I found on rugsusa.com textured More like Herringbone tweed patterns in gray or Beige...and a couple ogee style..

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Here is a jute Herringbone rug from a client on Houzz..we used it in her family room...has great texture and a large chevron weave...amazing price too!

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I can't figure out how to copy a link on this

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Love all of them, especially this, Home Interiors.

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Found it.

• groveraxle
    hace 6 años

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

You are fast groveraxle. Thank you! I'm probably better off with just a basic neutral without a pattern. Like the jute

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Agree!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Sometimes we think a pattern is needed in a rug but not necessary...I think getting the right art and pillows is what bring a room alive with monochromatic spaces...the rug will anchor the space and add texture....go with one of the jute or Herringbone rugs.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Look at these beautiful spaces with simple textured rugs!

was thinking if you did a over sized square coffee table you could add two ottomans across from the chairs on other side of coffee table...great for extra seating and kids love to pull them up to coffee table when playing.

• lwfromny
    hace 6 años
    LOVE that jute from @Home Interiors w Ease. Another rug from RugsUSA is the Edison in Nickel. After looking at a ton of rugs similar to what you are looking at this is the one I chose and I couldn't be happier with it. And their rugs are fully returnable (a pain to return due to size but returnable nonetheless). I have zero photo shop skills but here's the link. If you want to see it in a real room I can post a picture of mine :).

https://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-edison/Nickel/200SBHAC13A-508.html
    Frances V agradeció a lwfromny
  • PRO
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Home Interiors, I actually just bought that exact tufted ottoman for my family room last weekend.. waiting on delivery! Maybe if it matches, I can switch it to the "formal" living room. I like the idea of the smaller ottomans or some cool poufs for the kids/people to sit on for game night. That's what I picture the space for... game night, having people over, etc. I love all of your ideas. You get my style : ))

lwfromney, that nickel rug looks really nice, the reviews are good too. Thanks for the idea!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Fm1515....so glad I can help...your room is so lovely already! With the finishing touches it will be fabulous!! Hope I can come along for the ride and help you complete the space...that is crazy that you ordered that ottoman! Yes it seems we have the same idea for your space:))

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    hace 6 años

You have gotten lots of great help so far. Love all of the rug options. Here are a few more:

Classic Inspired · Más información

Elegant Bungalow · Más información

Historic School House Apartment · Más información

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you, Nandina. I've seen that bottom rug before. It's nice. Is that from rugs USA? I need to decide the exact color that won't clash with the furniture.
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Oops, I meant top rug
  • PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    hace 6 años

I love the space. Its elegant and clean. I know you like monochromatic but a soft pop of color like champagne or blue would really make this room amazing. Ive put a few ideas below. Please email me at andersonmodernart@gmail.com for further information or to purchase.

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you, Holly. I want to stick with natural and gray tone colors. I may even do a shelf with various items, a large clock, some greenery.
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Something like this
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Making progress
  • groveraxle
    hace 6 años

Shelf looks great. Pillows are divine except there are too many on the chairs. One pillow, preferably a lumbar, on each chair please. A bit too much stuff on the coffee table. Keep the stuff in the basket low. Those are easy to fix.

Unfortunately, the rug is way too small.

• PRO
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hey Frances V and groveraxle - what do you think about layering a sisal/jute rug under the smaller rug? Maybe something similar to the basket on the coffee table?

Here's an infographic for recommended rug layouts:

Overstock has a 9 x 12 Jute Rug on sale (and it doesn't have a border).

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Frances it looks so charming!

I don't mind breaking rules so I think the smaller textured rug under the coffee table looks great and shows off the beautiful floors:)

super cute arrangement on the shelf!

• Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I've gotten different opinions on the rug size. If I go bigger, I may layer in a smaller one as well because I feel like it's too much empty space with a large rug and makes everything feel even farther apart.

The items on the table are temporary until I figure something out. I'm not loving what's on there. Plus I had extra stuff that was randomly thrown on there that day.
    Target has some lumbar pillows that could work. Sad cause I do love the texture these pillows bring in.
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hi Home Interiors! Thank you for the feedback, it's nice to hear from you. I have seen "rules" where you can have the rug under the table only as well. I think it looks ok myself but everyone has different opinions.
    I want to find some poufs like we talked about. Who knew poufs could be so pricey? Lol! That's my next mission
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

You don't have to have lumbar pillows just only have one accent pillow on each chair...something like this would look nice on your table do a larger rectangle tray or none at all...would love to see a large glass jug vase would look great!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

These are really nice so thought I would share..

• jbtanyderi
    hace 6 años
    You need tables, lamps, and a good rug.
  • Frances V
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you all! I love those poufs, Home Interiors. Those are at Ashley Furniture?
    I bought side tables since I took this picture, I will update my picture when I get home. I am on the search for lamps too.

I appreciate every one of your comments and advice. Thank you! : )
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.