Houzz Logo Print
alypiag

Marble Tile in Master Bath

alypiag
hace 6 años
Help!! I love the look of marble and it fits into our budget but I'm concerned this may not be a smart decision due to upkeep and durability. I'm mostly concerned about the shower walls and shower floor. Please advise!!

Shower floor= small herringbone
Shower walls= large rectangle
Bathroom floor= medium herringbone

Comentarios (9)

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

I too love marble and in a perfect world I'd have it in my baths and kitchen.

It looks great in when I visit Paris and it's been there for a very, very long time as it patinas. However, if you use purple shampoo to keep your hair blond, color your hair dark brown and rinse it out..... a lot of work with the marble. It is BEAUTIFUL, yet it's not super practical IMO.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Yes, above all true.. in 20+ years it would look lovely

• PRO
    Elalux tile
    hace 6 años

We love your choices and would recommend our etched designs for shower wall decoration. For a couple of examples;

Hand-Carved Marble Border- Zales 2 · Más información

Hand-Carved Marble Border- Cosmopolis · Más información

Remodeled Custom Made Designs · Más información

• PRO
    21st Century Tile
    hace 6 años

Marble is an acceptable material to use in a bathroom/shower as long as you know what to expect and know how to maintain it. It is a delicate material that scratches, stains, and etches very easily. However, as long as you are aware of that and can accept that it may not look perfect forever, go for it! Linda is right that it will have a lived-in look over time. Just make sure to use the right cleaners (pH neutral and approved for natural stone) and seal it as often as you feel is necessary. Marble is a beautiful and timeless material and we have plenty of customers who use it for bathrooms and absolutely love it.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

just did my floor w/the honed carrara. it is pretty, but it is high maintenance. (if you want to see it, click on my name and go to my bathroom reno post)

do not do a polished because it will show every little defect. the honed etches, but you can't tell. and you can take sandpaper to the honed and do mild fix its yourself.

as for the inside shower walls, just do a ceramic and use the marble as accent somewhere. or do 2/3 ceramic and the upper 1/3 the marble. That's the part that won't get wet that much. shower floor, having put in BLACK marble, i can tell you that it has to have the best sealer and you won't be able to clean your shower w/any standard cleaner. At least my hair dye doesn't matter w/the black. it most certainly will w/the white marble. something to keep in mind.

• User
    hace 6 años

We have marble floors in our bathroom. Some shampoo spilled on it and it stained. If the boys in your house have even an errant drop that doesn't land in the toilet bowl, it stains.

I'd love NOT to have a marble floor.

• Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

AS lovely as it is, it is a thorn!

• User
    hace 6 años

Marble patina · Más información

marble patina · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.