Houzz Logo Print
sclark217

Built in bookcase update

sclark217
hace 6 años
Any suggestions on changing the builtins would be appreciated. I would like to get rid of brass hardware to change shelf size since in 10 years I have not! Extending to ceiling and getting rid of 'overhang?' Piece is also a definite, Thank you for comments,

Comentarios (10)

• nengquist
    hace 6 años

Extend shelves to ceiling with more of a classic border at top. Use brushed nickel hardware. Larger space between shelves. Just some suggestions. Maybe go with darker color.

• radhannoo
    hace 6 años
    Wallpaper back of shelves for interest...or pop of colour...
  • PRO
    Linda
    hace 6 años

agree with the above suggestion. In addition, I would have the doors changed to hidden hinges and update the hardware. If you really dislike seeing the standards, the easiest answer is just paint them. Those items will not get any wear so you don't have to go to extensive amounts of prep work, just leave them in place and paint

• radhannoo
    hace 6 años
    Decorate mantel
  • sclark217
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you for ideas and suggestions!
  • acm
    hace 6 años

I'd take out the divider on one side so you can put your TV on the bottom shelf there. And for sure remove the scalloped trim at the top, whether or not you extend the bookcase upward...

• PRO
    Nataliya @ Closet Factory (CT & NY)
    hace 6 años

Try and get rid of that wasted space up top. Either lower it on top or built it to the top of the wall.

• User
    hace 6 años

BINGO, Closet Factory. Get rid of the curly-q stuff, take it up to the ceiling. Not loving wallpaper, in the shelves. Do think that paint might be good. But honestly, other than taking the shelves to the ceiling, the only thing I'd work with in this space is the mantel. That's a place for "bold". Can you stain it? Paint it? I would.

• jck910
    hace 6 años

Totally take shelves off. Hang some beautiful art do not add more shelves to fill with "stuff".

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.