rahmiel

Steam Shower Generator - Thermsol "Steam Suite" or Mr. Steam

rahmiel
hace 6 años

I am having a steam shower built and, unfortunately, the
models I really want (Thermasol AF and PRO series) are a little outside
my price range (as they would cost about $3300 with controls). I am
trying to decide between the lowest end model of Thermasol (the now longer
manufactured "Steam Suite" model) and Mr. Steam (Model MS225E). Would love some input as I am learning toward
the Thermasol given their reputation, but not sure how much that reputation is related
to their lower end model which they no longer make. Any help would
be amazing! Thanks in advance.

Comentarios (21)

• PRO
    WW Love Your Home
    hace 6 años

Steam shower units are sold according to the cubic footage of the space and the materials used in the shower. Mr. Steam is a good brand I have sold for years and the price point is lower than Thermasol. Use the link below to get the unit your steam shower needs.

http://virtualspa.mrsteam.com/catalog

• instruct82
    hace 6 años

I had to make the same decision and found out that after you factor in the cubic footage, add the items like FastStart/Express Steam, PowerFlush/AutoFlush etc that the Mr. Steam unit was actually more expensive. The Mr. Steam is ala carte and when you do their sizing it jumps up the generator requirement. I got the ThermaSol Pro Series and the best feature is SmartSteam and that isn't even available from Mr. Steam. and I like ThermaSol's Lifetime Warranty for parts & labor.

• PRO
    Mr. Steam
    hace 6 años

First things first, make sure that the sizing for your steam shower is correct. No matter which model you choose, if it does not have enough power to heat up your room, you won't be comfortable. Please feel free to use our spa builder to figure out the proper sizing. (virtualspa.mrsteam.com) Note that MrSteam's generators have a two year in house service warranty along with a Lifetime Warranty for parts.

Once you obtain the ideal generator, you will need to figure out which type of control belongs in your environment (modern, wireless or traditional).

If it turns out that the model that is right for you is the MS225 and if you choose our PC iTempo Control, your Total List Price would be $3,050

At MrSteam there are no low end models, only different size heating coils to accommodate smaller rooms. All of our generators are built to the same exacting specifications that we apply to our industrial boilers.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss any of the above. Please feel free to contact any of our offices (West coast (800)727-8326 or East Coast (800-767-8326)) for further information or of course check out our website.

MrSteam has been in the steam business for over 90 years (We started out making steam irons and then added steam boilers along the way) We make boilers for the US Navy, the CDC and hospitals etc.

With offices on both coasts, and representatives in all areas of the country, we are confident that we will be able to assist you in your amazing steam shower.

• Tracy
    hace 6 años
    We will be installing a steam shower this summer in our new master bath. Which one did you decide on? Are you happy with it. Thanks
  • rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hey Tracey - I haven't decided yet as the steam shower is being built next month. I have been unable to get any feedback on the Thermasol "Steam Suite" model despite calling the company and calling wholesalers they referred me to. Very disappointing.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
  • Tracy
    hace 6 años
    Hey Rahmeil have you got your steam shower done? Curious as to what you decided and how's it working. Thanks
  • rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for asking Tracy. I have decided to purchase the Thermasol SSB-140PC Steamsuite Steam Generator. I have still not yet got any feedback on it, but the price is reasonable, it is a Thermasol product and you get the full package included (don't have to buy separate controls). Should be installed in the next few weeks and I will give an update at that time. Thanks.

• Tracy
    hace 6 años
    Just checking in with you on your steam shower? What size is yours? Do you think a 6x9 is two bid. We are also putting in two shower heads and two benches along the two walls. Thanks again Tracy
  • rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hi Tracy - our shower is only 3.5x6. I am not sure there is such thing as too big, just make sure you measure the size of the full shower (taking into ceiling height as well) and get a unit capable of producing the steam required. I believe most of the steam unit manufacturers have guides for determining such on their website.
  • PRO
    EnEn
    hace 6 años

Hi Rahmiel! I am having a steam shower installed next month. Any feedback on your Thermasol SSB-140PC ? Thank you!

• rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hey EnEn. They are just finishing my basement reno this month, so I have yet to turn it on. I will update this thread when I try it out. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

• PRO
    EnEn
    hace 6 años

Can't wait to see it and hear how you like it! We may be a few months out now. you know how renos go...

• anna see
    hace 5 años

any updates on how you like the thermasol ssb-140pc?

• rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hi EnEn and Anna See - sorry for the long delay as I haven’t been able to use my Thermasol unit. I had an issue with some weird chemically smell with my Thermasol unit that I am still trying to remedy. I have spoken to Thermasol, and while very responsive and informed me that there should be no weird smell even during break-in, they were really not helpful actually remedying the problem despite the unit being under warranty. Will provide a full update if/when I am actually able to resolve the issue. Sorry again.
  • Linda W
    hace 2 años

Hi, would love an update too : )

• rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 2 años

Honestly I have up and it is just sitting there now. Have it on my list to see what I can do with it and re-test it over the holidays. But Thermasol wasnt very helpful when push came to shove. Not great customer service. Thanks.

• Mom In mass
    hace 10 meses

Hello there! It’s been a few years. Any update on your thermadol unit? Did they make things right? We are looking into a steam unit now.

• rahmiel
    Autor original
    hace 10 meses

No. They never remedied it. Very poor customer service at Thermasol. Would stay away if I could do over.

• S H
    hace 10 meses

We used Mr. steam and had an issue with the wireless controller screen. Water somehow got in and messed it up. They immediately sent a replacement after 1 phone call, so I was happy with their service!

• Mom In mass
    hace 10 meses

Thank you all so much!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.