Houzz Logo Print
nayb

Walk in wardrobe

Naomi B
hace 7 años
I need some help. I had the attached design drawn up. Today our cabinet maker come by and he has a number of issues with the design.
1. He doesn't believe a walk in should have doors
2. He thinks the corner hanging space doesn't work
3. He can't see the point of pullout pants hangers

What do you think? Is he right or should I be looking for a new tradesman?

Comentarios (4)

• oklouise
    hace 7 años

we can't read the writing on your plan so can't be sure of the layout but unless the idea is unsafe, illegal or impossible i think the cabinet maker should be glad to take your money but he may have some practical reasons for his objections..my wiw have internal sliding doors that were installed by the builder or carpenter when the walls were being built not by the cabinetmaker after the walls were finished, i also can't see the point of a pull out pants rack when a nice coat hanger on a simple rod will do the job but that's just personal taste but i would like to see the corner hanging racks in action as the extra corner space should be good for bulky coats and full skirts and dresses and would allow space in the middle of the walls for drawers and shelves but if the cabinetmaker can't convince you and he's not prepared to agree then it may be time to find someone else..good luck

• PRO
    justjan49
    hace 7 años

To me that is a very confusing/unpractical plan, reminiscent of what is on tv shows to win the judges eye. he is the tradesperson who most probably deals with designs all the time.bank of wide drawers under open shelves,1 side 2 rows of hanging space for t shirts and folded jeans/pants on lovely chunky wooden hangers,other side a long tall hanging space for dress's, good trousers/pants,skirts.all underneath shoe racks if desired on the floor. on a top shelf all the way around for boxes, luggage, spare pillows, blankets. Do you have space at the end for a narrow window for air, light and a lovely chair. so many people leave them out Sliding cavity door. In the end its your choice.

• Gallifrey
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I see his point re the corner spaces you have designed. A lot of wasted space.

• PRO
    LM Projects
    hace 7 años

It will look great but in a practical sense it will be a nightmare and cost more due to the extra doors.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.