Houzz Logo Print
michellelatham

Living room tv advice- wall or stand?

Shelley Shell
hace 7 años

Will fixing the tv on the wall above the Fire look ok or is the mantle too high?

Also colour..... was going to paint the whole room a gentle white - it's a south facing room but the conservatory takes the light off - suggestions welcome

Comentarios (7)

• tamp75
    hace 7 años
    I think it's down to personal opinion as well. Some people love a tv above a fireplace, others hate them. Personally would rather not have tv on show at all but we have two so they are on low stands. Aside from neck strain, you need to consider where you're going to site wires from tv over the fireplace & where you'll store any extras - e.g. Sky box, etc.
  • micgellekatham
    hace 7 años

Thank you for your feedback.

I've just taken down the matching curtains as it was all too green, I wanted something clean looking but not stark.

I was concerned about the tv being too high if above the fire

• PRO
    inspirational fires & fireplaces
    hace 7 años

I would agree with all of the comments made here, Televisions work well with low fires or mantel pieces, I would suggest visually it would look better with the TV on the stand in your circumstance looking at the pictures. We do carry out a lot of installs where clients put the TV above the fires, the general rule of thumb we use is the further back you are sitting from the TV the higher it can go, so the room dimensions would be good to give you some more advice.

• Daisy England
    hace 7 años
    I think the tv is even too high on the cabinet. It's not a proper tv cabinet therefore too high.
  • Shelley Shell
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Love all your comments - the tv is staying off the wall and now searching for a tv stand :)

thanks all

• PRO
    The Pleasure Home
    hace 6 años

Plan B? TV too high - solving TV neck ache

We have been installing TVs above fireplaces for the past 15 years. Our recommendation is that you should leave at 50-100cm clearance from the top of the fireplace to the bottom of the TV. I am assuming that the black cover above the fireplace does a good job of stopping the heat rising? However, a protruding mantelpiece to further deflect/minimise the effect of heat thermals would help.

Please click our link in green of the available practical cosmetic solutions for [Hiding a TV[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/hiding-a-tv-above-a-fireplace-or-just-mounted-on-a-wall-dsvw-vd~5055576?n=5) above the Fireplace.

TV too high - solving TV neck ache

This month, we will be importing a dynamic TV mount, that is specifically designed to easily lower TV's that are fitted above a fireplace or protruding mantelpiece for comfortable viewing. The target UK price for the slim mount unit will be £599 including the ability to swivel it left and right (see photos attached). This solution is also ideal for moving the TV away from toddlers when not in use!

Please also click on the two video links below:

Comfortable TV viewing for TV's above fireplaces

Installer review of "down and out" mount over Fireplace

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.