Houzz Logo Print
kellykins1

Which lamp looks best?

kellykins1
hace 7 años
The blue gives some unexpected color although I have some blue within my wall art. The grey matches and blends with the rest of my room. Having a hard time choosing.

Comentarios (17)

• kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Better picture of whole room.
  • Isabella Hochschild
    hace 7 años
    Blue
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

although I like the gray, I think those are too small and skinny.

I like the blue ones better. The color goes fine.

I like something like this too

https://www.houzz.com/products/barika-table-lamp-prvw-vr~13978981

• reba120
    hace 7 años
    Big and blue for sure.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años

I would not to two of the same. Right now you have so much match and match.

Do the new blue lamp between the chairs.

For sofa wall, I would suggest two plug in wall sconces hung behind the sectional.

• PRO
    PI Photography Wall Art & Fine Art
    hace 7 años

I like the sleek thin lamp

• kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Beth H that lamp is really nice. Just a hint of blue.
  • Angel 18432
    hace 7 años

I agree, you need a lamp with a bit more weight to it - i.e. the Blue one.

Maybe do them each side of the sofa and get a different one for between the chairs, but not the grey one.

• PRO
    Styling and Staging
    hace 7 años

I agree that I would choose two different lamps. The scale of your coffee table could be a bit smaller too. The lamps can be like jewelry for the room. I'd recommend a minimum of 3 lamps (one might be a standing lamp behind the far end of the sofa). I usually like to add Light & Life, so try a box of succulent plants on the coffee table for lo-maintenance.

• kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    This room has been a process. Some new some old. Our plan is to add hardwood flooring within the next year. Also change up the coffee and end tables. My mind thinks very symmetrically and picking lamps that aren't a pair is a struggle. Thank you all for responding. This site is such a great tool for indecisive people like myself.
  • kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The other end of my room. I do have a floor lamp there. I have another one that I may swap it out for. It is larger and wooden. I just need a lighter shade for it
  • PRO
    Styling and Staging
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

You're doing a good job, Kelly. I do like the Blue lamp you showed originally, but maybe just one between the chairs with something different next to the sofa. Yes, I'd recommend updating the shade on the standing lamp, and looking at a place like Home Goods for shade & lamps so you can try them out in the room. Be sure to plug them in and turn them on for the best evaluation. Light & Life can cozy-up a home.

• Angel 18432
    hace 7 años

From what I can see, I would switch the picture and the mirror. It may look better. Can`t see the whole room, so it may change my mind.

• kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The light linen shades on the grey lamps shine yellow when turned on ( with led bulbs) where as the blue with the white shades doesn't give that yellow hue.
  • kellykins1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The front door is right there. Our foyer is at back door. We live in the country and rarely use the front door.
  • Gloria H.
    hace 7 años
    blue
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.