Houzz Logo Print
ulvikap

Rug advice

Peaceful Mind
hace 7 años
Does this rug go with this room or the one with the brown sofa or it does not go with either

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Keep it with the dark leather sectional..but add some bright neutrals and color to bring life to the dark space!

remove the drapes from first space it is looking very old compared to the modern furniture and bright pillows...or just remove the swags and keep the sheers....it will make a hugh difference:))

• Peaceful Mind
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you.
    So the size of the rug ok for the room with sectional leather sofa?
    We thought it is little smaller but does it look ok?
    What can we do for the space above the cabinets both sides?
  • PRO
    Styling and Staging
    hace 7 años

I like the size of the rug for the living room, but would like to see the front legs of the furniture on the rug so it feels "connected". Also that room could use side tables and lamps. I agree that the drapes are a bit heavy for the sleek lines of the furniture.

The rug is too small for the sectional sofa. I'm guessing at size, but rug under the sectional needs to be at least 2' wider and 1' (or more) longer. I'd also like to see a bit more pattern to that rug, so you could connect pillows and/or throw with those colors too. It will give you a cozy feel.

I'd recommend painting the cabinets white (like your trim) on either side of the fireplace. You could add some pots & plants since you have natural light.

• J Williams
    hace 7 años

Yes, I second that: plants for the windows and if you can't grow anything, something sculptural, like a massive piece of amethyst, a large ceramic/glass vase or an actual sculpture. Something that will be OK in the sun. If you really need privacy you could try a stick on treatment that makes the window look frosted.

• leelee
    hace 7 años

Drapes and valance in the other room--also a problem. It just ain't right. : (

• leelee
    hace 7 años

This room is off balance--the rug should be centered with the window. So put the rug under the feet of the sofa so the center of the rug is with the center of the window.

• Peaceful Mind
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    How about now?
  • Irene Morresey
    hace 7 años
    Like it better with dark sofa
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

If you want it with the light sofas...just change out your pillows..add browns in the mix with maybe green as an accent...are the walls staying that lime green color? I would prefer all browns and warm tones for pillows..Please again remove those curtain swags they are driving me crazy..the room will look so much better without them!!

• Peaceful Mind
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you
    Going to take out swags for sure
    My husband loves the pillows and we will be changing green wall color soon
    What would be the good color to paint the walls?
  • PRO
    Styling and Staging
    hace 7 años

I'd recommend adding tables & lamps to the room before you choose the wall color. Look at the wall color during the daylight and in the evenings to see how it changes. Your floor appears to have lots of orange in it. The complimentary color is blue so you could choose a wall color that has blue undertones, but I'm guessing at colors with my computer monitor and your photos. Colors will appear to "change" based on the lighting in the room. Add the lamp light first.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

If keeping that brown rug in the room with light sofas...remove red/orange pillows put them on the brown sectional in the other room.......keep blue pillows add one patterned pillow on each sofa....paint walls SW Smoky beige 9087 use ottoman as coffee table...add a tray.......add candlesticks and orchid plant..etc.

• PRO
    Furnishr
    hace 7 años

I love the layout of your living room. Your rug and window curtains don't quite fit the entire room. I would suggest getting a cream color to make your entire room balance out.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.