Houzz Logo Print
nahal_n

Help needed with accent colors!

nala a
hace 7 años
I purchased these pillows because I loved the minty green and the size but now I think they look boring on this charcoal color sectional. This is the bonus room upstairs which is mainly used for movies. What colors would you recommend that I add that could work with the green pillows I currently have? If those pillows really just don't work with the room, I am open to taking them out, so please let me know what
Colors and whether they would work wth my current pillow color. Would you also agree that a tall plant would be good on the right side of the room as well as a painting behind the sofa? Thank you for any help you can offer!

Comentarios (13)

• Rina
    hace 7 años

Don't be afraid of pattern in the throw pillows. But they're not obligatory.

• PRO
    CertaPro Painters of Northern AZ
    hace 7 años

I like the brown and mint together also. Maybe try a complimentary color to the mint on the walls like SW Cornwall Slate?

• nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hi Rina- thanks so much for the input. The sofa is actually dark gray not chocolate brown, not sure if that changes your response. Also, I will definitely need to move the red bucket out of there. It was left in there on accident. By adding pink or another color do you mean by adding some decor on a tray on the ottoman or adding patterned pillows?
  • Rina
    hace 7 años

Okey, mint and grey, not as perfect as mint and brown ... not bad, not ideal. I think it would help to see the rest of the room. Given that colour misreading, what colour are your walls? (By the way, I'm coming to the end of my day so although I'll no doubt check in tomorrow to see what's happened while I'm sleeping, this question is as much for everyone else as it is for me.)

• nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I have attached more
    Photos. I was just playing around with colors to see how things look. I wasn't going to keep both of those patterned ones. Thanks Rina and I appreciate others giving input too :)
  • nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The walls are a neutral color maybe a very light gray beige but more beige.
  • PRO
    Artworks by Marcine, LLC
    hace 7 años
    I see a bright chartreuse behind that beautiful gray sofa. It would really make that wall pop. Use it as an accent wall if you do not feel comfortable making the whole room that color. Oooh...a bold graphic on that wall would be awesome! Other walls could be a pale gray. Best of luck to you!
  • nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks for the feedback. That could be a fun pop of color.
  • PRO
    Live Good
    hace 7 años

I think a light gray or beige would look good with the current set up. Here

• nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks live good. I have more neutral colors in my living room downstairs so i thought some color would be nice in this room.
  • nala a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hi all! Any thoughts on these ones?
  • radhannoo
    hace 7 años
    Need to add some patterns and texture...and maybe another pop of colour....and maybe a throw....
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.