Houzz Logo Print
jmg555

Need advice for my family room

J Gaskill
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Here is my family room. Couch needs some more pillows! I want to take the traditional rug out that lays on my cream colored carpet. I just bought a gorgeous cowhide in similar colors and pattern as the ottoman. Would it be wrong to take up the traditional rug and put the cowhide under the ottoman. The new cowhide is very large and would look nice on the cream carpet, but I am unsure about putting cowhide under cowhide.

Comentarios (15)

• holly98
    hace 7 años

There's enough cowhide going on now. Don't add more. Find pillows with different patterns. Here's an example of mixing patterns with cowhide.

Grandview Farm · Más información

• PRO
    1001 Cushions
    hace 7 años

Perhaps you can replace your pillows with items that highlight the colors in the cow hide, rather than cow hide pillows themselves, for a more seamless transition:

BARKLEY COAL 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Más información

VERON OBSIDIAN 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Más información

POLKY OBSIDIAN 12"X18" . 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Más información

BARKLEY SNOW 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Más información

SADIE OBSIDIAN 18"X18" . 20"X20" · Más información

• Elle
    hace 7 años

The cowhide ottoman is nice and I would definitely suggest not adding the cowhide rug. I do agree with switching out the current rug and would wait on pillows until after getting a new rug.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

To much cowhide going on...love the ottoman and it should be the star of the room and it complements the horse art perfectly....some type rug like this would be wonderful under your ottoman..

• KK1000
    hace 7 años
    Too much of the same thing, take cushions back (to the shop "and wait until you find the rug in plain colour , you have to be careful with that sofa colour it would make everything look to busy.
    J Gaskill agradeció a KK1000
  • PRO
    Architexture Group
    hace 7 años

The living room can be such a difficult space when working with what you have existing. Mixing patterns, I love, but too much of a good thing is just too much. I wouldn't use the cow hide under ottoman. The piece is spectacular, let it rule. I love a great cow hide, (have one in my living room), so maybe use it in your bedroom? A faux fur throw would be great to tone down the burgundy couch and its great to snuggle with ;) bring in some great kilm style pillow to create layered texture and an area rug will definitely help to define the space and is essential to anchor the style. Best of luck with your project!

J Gaskill agradeció a Architexture Group
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

I have always loved this eclectic space with the red chesterfield sofa...love the deep blue walls and gold accents..the modern white chair looks fabulous and I think this could work with your ottoman and art....

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Love that ottoman. and agree about cowhide on cowhide being too much. Also, could you lower the horse pic a few inches? needs to be just a few inches above the back of the sofa. sorry, my OCD kicking in here. love the horse!

also would like to see a different paint color than the gold. Like the deep blue idea. or even a charcoal.

• DH
    hace 7 años
    i think since you have too many cow stuff you need to choose one and use less patterns and more solids to make everything uniform and nice.
  • DH
    hace 7 años
    julie, i sent you an email.
    J Gaskill agradeció a DH
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Hey Designhome...no email yet??

• KK1000
    hace 7 años
    That wall colour is wrong ,doesn't go with anything in the room. I would get some professional help I like the idea of dark navy and gold accents as someone suggested.
  • Susan Davis
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I would like to see the area rug in a straight laydown on the floor....and agree that one cow hide is enough....and lower the art work.....maybe some steel and wood end tables to add texture with large solid matching lamps on them....organic like zinc or pottery.

Game Room Makeover · Más información

Here is another cowhide ottoman room above....very simple metal and wood lamps, textured end tables, and the fur pillows add some organic white to the room as does the rug and the simple linen white/creamy white panels on wrought iron rod. I would change out the art work in your room as I think it looks too real and seems to demand being the focal point instead of the ottoman with the strongest pattern in the room.....I am going to suggest another rustic print/painting maybe with Herefords or Angus along with a barbed wire fence and grasslands with some white and other colors in the print.

Picture below has great art and artifacts to drive home the rustic cowhide!

Traditional Ranch · Más información

Could not resist these pillows; amazing.

Cattle Ranch · Más información

Lastly the perfect cow and landscape paintings! The painting comes across as softer than the horse photo, but art is subjective and I am not trying to be rude, just making a suggestion that your horse might be a better fit elsewhere in your home and paint would give a softer feel to your room....but suggestion only. And the landscape appears to be an enlarged antique photo again suggesting and adding a rustic, used an aging feeling to the room. Very comforting.

Oregon Ranch · Más información

J Gaskill agradeció a Susan Davis
  • PRO
    Live Good
    hace 7 años

If you are looking for more pillows, we have a few that might be able to go better with the current set up!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.