Houzz Logo Print
mimi308

In need of an outdoor canopy design with bay window on landing

mimi308
hace 7 años

My dilemma is finding an outdoor patio canopy that I can attach to the house (as a permanent structure) without hiding my bay window. I am at a loss! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. See attached picture.

Thanks,

Kim

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Not crazy about the 'merry go roundl' style framework you have currently. It fights your architecture.

If you don't want to spend the funds to have a white pergola built, (they can build around the bay window, but this will cut down on light to the home.

then consider retractable awnings. They can be permanently anchored to your home, but extended only when necessary. I have located two awnings on the image for your to view. You can extend the awnings as needed depending on the sun. Look how far they can extend with no support from your patio. Nothing to get in the way of your great outdoor living room.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

A couple well placed cantilevered patio umbrellas would give shade without blocking view of home.

Victoria 13' Octagonal Cantilever Patio Umbrella in Stone Sunbrella Acrylic · Más información

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Or sail type canvas coverings specially designed for your space.

Glen Oaks · Más información

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

Flo, yes the umbrellas will work, but I have one in the back and they really move with any wind, whereas the retractable awnings are a bit more stable.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    The new cantilevered ones with heavy bases and wind proof designs work very well. I agree standard table umbrellas are a pain. A structure would be best.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Maybe a gazebo structure with a hexagon shape to mirror the bay window shape and off to the side somewhat. Like this.

New Home · Más información

• PRO
    Decor Outdoor
    hace 6 años

For a quicker fix, you might consider shade sails. They require far less permanent structure and are adaptable to your outdoor environment

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.