Houzz Logo Print
brapoluky

Rug for black sofa and bright yellow wall.

Lily Oms
hace 7 años

Helll everyone,

Maybe some great minds here can help me... Im just about in the process of "puttinf my mark" on my recent bought house and we are focusing on the living room this month and I am going for bright yellow, navy blue and black scheme.

My idea is: wall where is the sofa at the moment will be yellow with big and medium wall art. The fireplace wall will have a navy blue patterned wallpaper with the side of it in yellow as well. And the wall under stairs where its the Tv also yellow. Just leaving as white the dining table wall and the wall above stairs. So I was wondering which rug would work better for this color scheme?

This will be the wallpaper to be hanged on the fireplace wall.
This is what I want to achieve more or less but with the black sofa corner.

All advices are super welcome :)

Thanks!

Comentarios (20)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

• Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Exactly what I was having in mind! :) I was even thinking that this last one would make it really funky looking ;) Thanks for your help! :)

• Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thats true... I have even consider it and had a thought about it... but I am so so crazy for to have a bright yellow wall that I am not fearing much the "after math"... I ll just give it a go... if I get enough quite quick then... Ill need to repaint it again. Or should I be better getting a light toned yellow? Hmmmm....

• Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks!^^

• Elle
    hace 7 años

I would suggest putting in place the rug, artwork, and accessories you would get if the walls were bright yellow and bright blue before putting that much color on the walls. You might find that the accents alone bring in enough color. Keep in mind that the inspiration room has a neutral rug. Bringing in a bright colored rug in addition to bright colored walls would be even more color than in the photo.

Lily Oms agradeció a Elle
  • Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Yeah... you have a point. Honestly I am a bit confused. I really would like the yellow wall to be like the statement wall for the black sofa which I would add yellow pillows and throws. I also fell in love with that navy blue wallpaper and I have noticed that they both get well tpgether... the yellow with the navy blue. I m really not sure if all the three walls need to be in yellow, it is just that in my mind it works well together. Could you give me your opnion of how you would arrange these colors in this livinf room if it were you?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

Lily Oms agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Oh wow, thanks so much for this simulation Beverly :) it really looks great! :D

• Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
    hace 7 años

I would go with a lighter yellow. I'm concerned that you may get sick of the bright yellow soon! If you are like me and spend the most free time in the living room, you'll want something you can enjoy for some time.

Lighting: I know you didn't ask about this topic, but I notice that most of your lighting is at a higher level than works best for most people in a living room. You may want to try this: a table lamp or wall sconce in each corner at chest height.

Also, for both safety and visual issues, the cords from the tv can be hidden with cord covers from Home Depot, Staples, and Walmart. Google the phrase cord covers, your city and state and see where else to get them.

Lily Oms agradeció a Elaine Doremus Resumes Written
  • Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hi there Elaine, thanks for sharing your insight. I am realizing that I cant really go too much with the yellow or it ll become a nightmare to me. So I ll just place it on an accent wall with my navy blue wallpape4 in the center of it. And I am choosing now which wallpaper would fit best for the sofa wall to sooth the yellow more and the rest of it will be white as it is at the moment. Yeah, you're right. Im going get rid of these high lamps and get a proper one which will fit with the rest of the room. About the cables as well hubby fixed it yesterday and now they are all well hidden ;)

• maree85
    hace 7 años

Because of the patterns and colors you are going to have in the room, I think I would stick with a neutral for the rug, similar to your inspiration room.

Shag Malibu Shag Area Rug, Silver, 8'x10' · Más información

Boston & Post - Cut Stripe RDA384 - 5ft x 8ft Silver · Más información

• cpaul1
    hace 7 años

Wow, putting your mark indeed. Before you go out and spend a bunch of money (assuming money is a factor for you), I would get some help from someone with some decorating ability. You need everything .... you need furniture, lighting, accessories, everything, and what you're wanting to do is too out of control for that small space. It is not going to look good. You need someone to help you figure out how to incorporate your wild taste into something more tasteful and stylish.

Lily Oms agradeció a cpaul1
  • Melissa R
    hace 7 años

for the yellow look at BM Hawthorne Yellow

Lily Oms agradeció a Melissa R
  • typeandrun
    hace 7 años
    Lily Oms agradeció a typeandrun
  • Lily Oms
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks :), very beautiful style but I need to grab a style which it is easier to me and on a budget as well :). Maybe I am just being over excited about the yellow thing. I ll calm down and then think about it again, thnks for your help :)

• shamira20
    hace 7 años

I would go with a gray and white or black and white rug in a contemporary design. I love the West Elm Slate Rug (link attached). I have it in my bedroom.

I also have bright yellow walls in the living room and a bigger yellow wall in the kitchen. We have had it since 5 years and we absolutely love it.

June 2016 - Kitchen and Livign Room · Más información

West Elm - Slate Color rug

Lily Oms agradeció a shamira20
  • PRO
    Mousaian Oriental Rugs
    hace 7 años

Ziegler black/yellow

Over-dyed Persian Tabriz

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.