Houzz Logo Print
mikeyrosie000

Fireplace help! Valor or Napoleon

mikeyrosie000
hace 11 años
I'm installing a new fireplace in our new home we are building and am torn between the valor f1 and Napoleon ldh45.

We will need to install a tv above due to lack of useable walk space in this room. And do not really want a mantel or hearth.

Which would be a better pick?

Comentarios (13)

• mikeyrosie000
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I forgot to mention we have small children as well.
  • mikeyrosie000
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Valor l1 not f1 :-)
  • jandmsplace
    hace 8 años

Those are the two we are deciding upon for our remodel! Did you choose one of these and how do you like it? What do you think of the heat output and did you go for the fan to distribute heat more quickly?

• adelkalil
    hace 8 años

we need to choose between Valor and Napoleon fireplace. we don't know which one is better

• Alok Sanghavi
    hace 7 años

does anyone have any opinion? we are debating between the valor l1 and the napoleon lv50

• Lola R
    hace 7 años

Hi, which one did you choose and were you happy with your choice? I'm deciding between those as well.

• Lola R
    hace 7 años

Interesting. Thank you that is helpful. I don't have any kids at the moment, but maybe in a few years. That's a good point, I did not think about that. Not sure how high I can raise it.

• jandmsplace
    hace 7 años

We ended up purchasing the Valor L1 and are happy with it. We chose it because we liked the realistic driftwood-like logs and the substrate at the bottom which kind of looks like glowing ash.

We do not have a TV above it; it does get pretty hot above and below. We have no fan and would not need one in our open concept 20x22 room that opens to the kitchen and entry; after about 30 minutes the whole space starts to warm up and in an hour we end up turning the flames down. My only disappointment with this unit so far is there are these metallic clips and strips on the interior sides of the unit which stand out from the rest of the black interior. I'm considering finding a high heat paint and spraying them one day so they aren't visible. Also the screen mounts in such a way that you'd swear it is upside down but it's not. It's fine, just looks a little odd if you are paying attention to the screen placement on the front.

• northface99
    hace 7 años

Hmmm...did you already have a fireplace there? I hadn't thought of putting our gas stove anywhere but directly on the floor, since that is where the firebox opening was in the existing chimney.

• PRO
    The Fire Place
    hace 7 años

northface99: The Linear units look very nice, okay -I think better a little higher in the wall. The Valor units are now available with the 'HeatShift' -ducting the heat up (no fan) and dumping it out above your TV, Artwork, etc. A great option!

• northface99
    hace 7 años

Aha. Sounds great! Unfortunately my fireplace is solid granite, so I didn't have that option.

• Linda Clyne
    hace 5 años

mikeyrosie000 - if you are still around, I'd love to find out what you ended up doing.. Your floorpan is almost identical to what ours will be after we remodel and we are currently shopping fireplaces and trying to finalize a design for the fireplace/tv wall.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.