Houzz Logo Print
agmendez47

Need help selecting a backspash for my kitchen

Gloribel Mendez
hace 7 años

Condo Selections · Más información

I'm planning to instal dark cabinets with this granite but not sure what backsplash will match this combination. Need some suggestions for the backsplash. Thanks

Comentarios (11)

• chloebud
    hace 7 años

I would pick the lightest color in the granite and go with subway tile. That would help lighten things up with dark cabinets, and keep the backsplash simple with a high-pattern granite.

• Gloribel Mendez
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the comment. Any suggestion for the color of tile that might best fit?

• PRO
    Red Door Consignment Gallery
    hace 7 años

Why don't you use the great granite you picked as the back splash?

• chloebud
    hace 7 años

Gloribel, I would look for a subway tile in the lightest color from the granite. On my screen it appears to be a cream or soft white. There's a lot of pattern/movement in the granite. Let it be a focal point and keep the backsplash "calm."

• gustaruygers
    hace 7 años
    I would wait until the granite is installed so you can bring home samples in the actual kitchen with the lighting you have.
  • chloebud
    hace 7 años

Yes...definitely wait until the granite is in to choose the backsplash.

• Tammy Tate Kammerer
    hace 7 años

Subway white or cream, or metal

Gloribel Mendez agradeció a Tammy Tate Kammerer
  • PRO
    Colleen Ferguson Design
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I would go with a light subway tile, very light grey, off white, or matte white is very nice. Glass subway tiles would be an option as well depending on the look you are going for.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

• Stacy Lawrence
    hace 7 años

The granite is the star; everything else is a supporting role. The advice given is spot on. Simple is best, in the lightest color of your granite or cabinet color. The smaller the tile the more grout lines, which also makes it look busier.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.