Houzz Logo Print
ohjanet20

Upholstery Suggestions

ohjanet20
hace 7 años

I have a lovely Kittinger, Jacobean dining set, circa 1925. I am doing a major remodel and would like to make our home more transitional than (rather than traditional). I want to reupholster the dining chairs to look fresher and more current and I need some fabric suggestions. I am also considering painting the sideboard...and yes I know some people will think that is sinful but I am open to a new look. I am considering wall colors in the gray/taupe family...accessories chartreuse greens & orange. Sideboard paint & upholstery fabric suggestions are welcome!

Comentarios (6)

• ohjanet20
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you....we are heading into a major remodel...opening a wall between kitchen and dining room...so already planning on new chandelier, accessories, etc. I too am up in the air regarding painting the sideboard...looking for specific suggestions on what types of patterns might look good on chairs.

• PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors - Kathy McGroarty
    hace 7 años

What colors are in rooms surrounding this room? Carpet in the dining? Or wood floors?

i might also be more inclined to work with pieces as is an update the Upholstery, window treatments and art work.

• ohjanet20
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

It will be all hardwoods after remodel.

• PRO
    Design Inside - Milwaukee Interior Designers
    hace 7 años

I absolutely agree with Bailey R. That sideboard is gorgeous! I think the new chandelier and a contemporary rug will make a big difference. How about getting more modern chairs with very simple lines to offset the traditional table and sideboard.

Something like this would be lovely:

Casabianca Home Fontana Collection Dining Chair, White · Más información

• ohjanet20
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

What I am really looking for is specific fabric suggestions for these type of chairs that will make them look a bit more contemporary.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.