Houzz Logo Print
alison_pontipee

Where should I hang this picture?

Alison Pontipee
hace 7 años

I'm slowly but surely putting this bonus room together and I have this painting I'm having trouble finding a place for. I like it and want to use it, does it make sense at all to hang on this large wall? Should I hang other pictures around it? Any other ideas for this space? I've included pictures of the rest of the room in case you have any other ideas for it. Thanks so much!

Comentarios (13)

• Alison Pontipee
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated!!

• PRO
    ishahomestaging.com
    hace 7 años

Hi Alison, a good rule of thumb is to hang the picture about 55" to 60" from the floor to the center of the picture. Remember the center of the picture should be anywhere from 55"-60" not the top. Right now this pic is hung way too low & close to the dining table.

• PRO
    ishahomestaging.com
    hace 7 años

I would also suggest you put a rug under the coffee table to make this space look more cozy. The curtains on only one window looks odd, you need symmetry there, so use same set of curtains on both walls. Use some good quality potted silk flowers on the coffee table.

• PRO
    ishahomestaging.com
    hace 7 años

Try to use the color of your curtains somewhere in the room, to bring the room together. But please remember not to use it on a large surface, just a hint of that exact green shade would be enough.

• shirlpp
    hace 7 años

Do you enjoy looking out your windows? It does not appear so, since you have your furniture in front of them. I think a furniture arrangement is in order, before deciding upon artwork placement.

• PRO
    ishahomestaging.com
    hace 7 años

If I were you, I'd clear out the window area of all the heavy furniture and move towards the right side. You could use a narrow sofa table there with some beautiful pieces atop. Hope it's not too much info :)

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Love the painting. Very pretty.

I think I would switch things up a bit in here. The room is big enough to get the furniture off the walls.

The tv would go on the wall where the kids' table and art are. L the couches, with the sofa floating in the room at a comfortable viewing distance from the tv and the loveseat facing the wall where the door is. Add a cute chair in the corner where the toy box is.

Next, turn the window side into a play area. Put the little table and chairs under the window. Add a closed cupboard with art supplies, if your kids craft in there. Or you could put some pretend dishes etc in a cupboard for playing house. Tuck a comfy chair that you like to sit on in the corner between the two windows, with a low bookshelf that is sturdy enough to sit on under the other window. Add some cushions to the top of you want your kids to be able to sit on it, or the white toolbox could go on it. Place the toybox on the wall next to it.

On the wall where the tv was, place your pretty art at the height recommended above. About four inches under it, create a display place for kid art: a bulletin board, French bulletin board, or clothesline.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

One more thing: good start on the curtains. Add them to all the windows and the French (?) door. :)

• Alison Pontipee
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Wow, thanks for all the great ideas! Is this close to what you were thinking? Love the idea of the bookcase/loveseat on one window. I do not love lamps/coffee table and will eventually replace, but we just moved and have a lot that has to come first. Just FYI. ;) I do have this other artwork I have placed by the small table/play area, but I just can't decide about them. What do you think?

• Alison Pontipee
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I've had quite a time with this room. Nothing seems just right and I think what you suggested is just about the only thing I hadn't tried before! Here are a few other arrangements I've tried. Any favorites? I can't decide!!

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Absolutely love it when posters jump right in to try new things :) You're awesome!

That's basically what I was imagining, but my thought had the loveseat on the other side, opposite where it is now. This is great too. Better in fact.

How do you feel about it?

I'm in the "art should be meaningful" camp, so if I don't love a piece I don't display it, and I'd rather have an empty space than art I don't feel excited about. That being said, the art you have on the floor by the window works with your room, if you want to use it. In fact, that would be a grey background for the kids-art idea. Hang them touching on the right wall as you look at the large window, with a string stretched from the upper left corner of one to the upper right of the other. Use Elmer's craft clothespins to clip masterpieces on in a rotating display :) Hint: thread the string through the clothespin springs so they don't fall off and disappear!

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

You posted the other pics while I was writing my essay :-D

I'll check them out. I think what you've got now is the winner though.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.