Houzz Logo Print
shelleyuk

help with curtains to go with this wallpaper

shelleyuk
hace 7 años

We have been very slowly decorating our dining room over the past couple of months.

So far we have added wainscoting to the bottom half of the room and this is primed and needs a top coat of satinwood. We are then using farrow and ball lotus 2007 on the top part of the wall. My problem is that I am generally hesitant of pattern and only really use it on curtains. Do I need plain curtain fabric with this wallpaper or would you use another complimentary pattern?

This photo gives a rough idea of what we are going for (this isn't my house and we won't be hanging the wallpaper upside down ;) )

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Marina Drobot at Cinnamon Space
    hace 7 años
    Bold pattern on the curtains would compliment the wallpaper
  • PRO
    Christine Yorath Design
    hace 7 años

I would suggest a slub textured raw silk in the the pale coffee/beige colour of the wallpaper with an interlining for a really luxurious look and have the curtains cover the whole window wall when closed and only expose the glazed section when open. You could use a pole at a very high level or have a shaped pelmet to reveal the lovely window detail.........see attached photos

• minnie101
    hace 7 años

Personally I'd go for plain and add pattern elsewhere if wanted

• PRO
    Alban Gray Interiors
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think these could work with your chosen wall paper. The straight line pattern at the top of the curtain will complement the pattern on the wallpaper, while they are light and plain enough to open the room up and not battle against the furniture. I hope this helps!

• shelleyuk
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks everyone. I'm going to go fabric hunting this weekend.

• Jeromy Pizarro
    hace 7 años
    Thats a beautiful pattern, I would say to find curtains that are a couple shades darker than the wall color or maybe even go towards gray, it complements the beige and makes the pattern stand out more. Keep it simple, you dont wanna dull the accent of your walls.
    Hope this helps!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.