Houzz Logo Print
peppystar

Table or island?Rectangular, round? Loveseat ,chair,rug color??

hace 7 años

Brecan Homes · Más información

Comentarios (9)

• hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Depends on how you will use the space. If it's a vacation home where you'll always be casual, I'd do a square or rectangular island with plenty of seating on two sides.

I'd probably do a sofa angled to face the fireplace so it also has views out the window, then chairs perpendicular at both ends.

It's a blank slate so do any colors you love. If you don't have an ideabook for a modern cabin, I suggest you start one.

peppystar agradeció a groveraxle
  • hace 7 años

Table:

Contemporary Kitchen · Más información
    Island:
    Sunriver Family Lodge · Más información

peppystar agradeció a groveraxle
  • hace 7 años

Gorgeous space. For me, it looks like a "relaxing sunlight space" and I would do comfy seating one way or another, because it looks like a space I would want to stay a while and look at the view.

Yes, comfy seating would be my top of the list.

The table size and shape, to me, would depend on how many people.

To me, this is an "outdoor view" house and I would stay neutral on the rug and let everybody gasp at the view outside.

peppystar agradeció a D. L.
  • hace 7 años

Island versus table to me depends whether you are going to be eating meals together around the table or if it is more about just being there.

There isn't much storage or counter space, so in that respect an island would be functional, but if you have more than three people, an island can also be cramped, annoying and people will just eat on the couch or chairs.

peppystar agradeció a D. L.
  • hace 7 años

I like the idea of a table. In my cottage we can spend the whole night around the table talking and playing cards. I find that once people move to the sofas, the tv goes on.

peppystar agradeció a Lila
  • hace 7 años
    Cute space. I'd address window treatment like solar shades asap. You might not enjoy being in the space when the sun is blazing.
    peppystar agradeció a thinkdesignlive
  • PRO
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the comments. This is a lake-side cabin we built in 2015. It does face West but fortunately there are large evergreens that provide shade. The overall dimensions are 28ft 6 wide across the home and it is 13ft 6 to the stair railing from the bi-parting door. I believe the clients used a kitchen table in this instance. I should try to get some photos of it furnished for the porfolio.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

I should note the flooring here is the Divine Flooring "De-Fleurs" from their Farmhouse line; it is a beautiful flooring that provides a reclaimed look.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.