amy_lemonis

Which console table? Which color?

Amy Lemonis
hace 7 años
I am looking to change out the dark brown buffet table with a longer console table. The wall color is Mindful gray with White wainscoting. The furniture is brown with warm wood floors. I am thinking I still want to add a pop of color in this room and carry the same color into the nook and kitchen (open concept). The kitchen cabinets are white, neutral speckled granite and a new trap tan backsplash. Two questions....which console table would you use (if either) and what color would you use for a pop of color throughout? Thank you for your help!!

Comentarios (9)

• Bailey R
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Neither. They look a little too rustic / "farmhousey" to me. I have a very similar one on my patio outdoors, I like them, but not crazy about them in your space. From what I can see I like the buffet you already have if it were decorated differently ( pictures too scattered above & lamp too big). Maybe look for something similar to your table & chairs in your nook? The blues look good though.

• Amy Lemonis
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The "Farmhouse Chic" type of look is what I am trying to transition to! Lol Trying to work mostly with what I have and slowly transition it....
  • PRO
    Patina Living Co.
    hace 7 años

The teal/blue will add that pop of color you're looking for.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

I would keep the buffet and add the turquoise with pillows , take all the family pics out of the public space except for maybe a couple and add a farmhouse feel painting above the buffet , that farmhouse table will look really off with that furniture so I would wait for the big change in style direction until the furniture can be replaced

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

I case you still need the storage from the buffet, why not consider a painted storage cabinet to add color to your room.

• Amy Lemonis
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you!
  • Lila
    hace 7 años

I like the consoles that Beverly has posted. They will give you the farmhouse look and still co-ordinate with your existing furniture. I also think the end table she posted is perfect for you . I think the lamp on your buffet works and instead of tightening up your pictures I would add a few small items such as antique keys in the open spaces. Your home is so beautiful I think you will be happy if you just add a few smaller touches.

• kjoy1
    hace 7 años

Beautiful home. Instead of "farmhouse chic" what about "classic country"...I just made that up. HeeHee;) I like the idea of matching your console wood tone to your bookcases wood tone...

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.