Houzz Logo Print
clare_beck25

Cabin kitchen makeover

C Beck
hace 7 años
Need some help on updating this cabin kitchen without a full renovation.

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design
    hace 7 años

How about painting the cabinets and installing a new stone countertop?

• acm
    hace 7 años

Yeah, the cabinet color is really unfortunate against the natural wood paneling. White or light gray would be far preferable, and you could use the excuse to fill your screw holes and drill for updated/larger pulls. That's the biggest thing, although new counters would certainly be an upgrade in value, but depends on your style. I imagine you could use some additional lighting in this space too!

C Beck agradeció a acm
  • PRO
    studio H + H architects
    hace 7 años

How about a deep read stain? Give them some pop and interest and redo the hardware and countertops.

• PRO
    Randy Trainor
    hace 7 años

The cabinets you have shown might benefit from a different paint. The images included below are of an Alpine Ski Home design we did. Take a look and see what you think of the bar and kitchen areas.

Alpine Ski Home · Más información

C Beck agradeció a Randy Trainor
  • PRO
    KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
    hace 7 años

How adorable! Love all the wood - the counter tops look as though they are in excellent condition - I think a pop of color (paint) on the cabinets would really make a differnce. If you don't need/want to change the counter tops - I'd find a deeper green that complements and paint them. White with the appliances is too much white - and change the hardware to satin nichol - that will match your stainless sink.

C Beck agradeció a KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
  • northpoint2
    hace 7 años

I think white or light gray cabinets as acm suggested!

C Beck agradeció a northpoint2
  • greenfish1234
    hace 7 años
    It's a cabin!! I vote for red, with butcher block counters (ikea's are cheap and pretty good)!
  • greenfish1234
    hace 7 años
    If you can't change the counters I would still go for red, deep red and green are cabin-y in a non-Christmas-y way
    C Beck agradeció a greenfish1234
  • pitbulls
    hace 7 años

Light green cabinets would look awesome

C Beck agradeció a pitbulls
  • PRO
    CrookedWood, LLC
    hace 7 años

I agree with a contrasting color for the cabinets and a cheap way to change the look would be with some new door pulls. I would do some rustic iron. I would also look into some over/under cabinet lighting, something as simple as some rope lighting on top of the top cabinets.

C Beck agradeció a CrookedWood, LLC
  • C Beck
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

thank you, I will look for some new hardware.

• qam999
    hace 7 años

Kitchen looks fine already....but if you want to paint cabinets, I'd recommend almost any actual color, not a white. White is too bland and timid against the visually powerful wood walls and ceiling....you need a bold saturated color to stand up.

• PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 7 años

Box store cabinets... could use paint to accent and pull away some of the wood...even a red would pop there... what does the rest of the area look like?

• auntthelma
    hace 7 años

And buy a store bought island with seating.

Jeffrey Alexander Conversation Kitchen Island in Gray, ISL13-GRY-ST · Más información

• C Beck
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I'm going to upload a picture of what the cabin looks like now..same cabinets, but we've added an island and some fun vintage things.

• C Beck
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    This is what the other side of the room looks like. We have red touches throughout.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.