Houzz Logo Print
enidpl

Basement window replacement

enidpl
hace 7 años
Hi there! My house is from the 70s and the windows are 37" x 13". I wonder if I replace my old windows for this ones (without cutting the concrete) they would pass the city of Edmonton regulation for a basement suite? I am just looking for ideas. Thanks!
Basement Egress Window · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• T. J.
    hace 7 años

You'll have to cut block and put in a larger window for a bedroom. Check out Edmonton's website:

http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/documents/ss/1217_Finishing_your_basement.pdf

Bedroom windows

Unless a bedroom has a door that leads directly

to the building exterior, or the basement is sprinklered,

each bedroom must have at least one

window that can be opened from the inside

without the use of tools or technical knowledge.

This window must provide an unobstructed

opening with a minimum area of 0.35 m2

(3.77 ft2 or 543 square inches), and no dimension

less than 380 mm (15 inches).

enidpl agradeció a T. J.
  • PRO
    HERR window & door
    hace 7 años

HI There,

Are you measuring your rough concrete opening? or is this the size of your windows glass etc? There is usually a rough-buck (typically of wood) that can be removed to get a larger concrete to concrete size

We can typically meet Canadian egress codes, which are a 15" minimum throat and 3.77sqft as Talathia had mentioned with a rough opening of 39" wide and 17" high with an interior mount basement window. I would love to discuss this further with you. You can take pictures of your windows and send them to me, if you aren't sure what I am talking about when I say rough-buck.

Thank you

Natalie

natalie@replacemywindows.ca

enidpl agradeció a HERR window & door
  • enidpl
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I measured from the surface of the jambs side to side. I think I know what you mean with rough-buck. I'll email you the pictures. Thanks!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.