bappleton

What cabinet manufacturer did you use in this kitchen

bappleton
hace 11 años

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Distinctive Cabinetry of the High Country
    hace 9 años
    We used Geppetto Kitchens to build these cabinets. This company was sold and is now Touchstone Fine Cabinetry. They are located in Rutherfordton North Carolina. They are a mid range priced cabinetry manufacturer that makes semi-custom to fully custom cabinetry. The cabinetry is Maple/paint grade maple with a painted and glazed finish.
  • mshanaberger
    hace 8 años

Touchstone Cabinets are barely on par with Kraftmaid, the big box stuff, in quality, but priced like higher end.

1) Dimensions on carcasses are off by as much as 1/4”. I had to redesign bathrooms and one kitchen wall to accommodate size overages. I have never experienced that with another vendor.

2)Carcass work is the worst i have seen. Unreinforced corners, cabinets are flimsy. Ikea does a better job. These MUST be Chinese carcasses. On three sink boxes, four of the six total counter supports do not even span all the way into the dado, just literally hanging on one side because the support is cut short. I see they use that counter support strut for the top of the box’s integrity, but in order to do that they a)need to be physically long enough to span both sides and land in the dado, and b) it wouldn’t hurt to glue or nail them in, not just let them sit there loose.

3) Paint work uneven, some panels have show through, in some cases even lap lines

4) Some interior shelves are so loose that the support brackets can barely make contact, so they cant be screwed and fall constantly. One of the slide-outs in the pantry, for instance, simply cannot be made to sit on the brackets. That left quality control like that, it couldn’t be missed. Same thing clearly happened to Lazy Susan, as upper shelf arrived wedged in sideways, side of interior gouged because the brackets they screwed on still couldn’t get enough support to stay in.

I strongly recommend staying away from Touchstone. Oh, lastly, vendor support? I will answer that one when they materialize, as in three months not even an acknowledgement. Nada. I guess i don't speak Mandarin too well.

• User
    hace 7 años

I am currently having touchstone installed in my home. The contractor that sold me the cabinets and was supposed to install them is totally incompetent in my opinion. We have had nothing but drama since the day we ordered. He "forgot" to actually confirm my order when placed for 2 months so I had to wait four months with no cabinets. When the order came it was totally wrong. Door style, cabinet sizes, no side panels, wrong refrigerator size panels, wrong color island, no glass in my cabinet doors, no finished insides, no pull out spice rack I could go on. Its been a horrible experience and when you call touchstone because the contractor is not holding up to his end of the contract you get no help.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.