Houzz Logo Print
terri_graham9614541

Our new great room fireplace

hace 7 años
The wood trim looks too thin. I had expected it to be a little wider. Should I pay to have it redone?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    hace 7 años

I would say yes, but the problemis that you have such a small space to work with.. I would say a wider mantle and bigger uprights could look much better.

• hace 7 años

If you paint the area of the wall white, or the same color as the wood, that is on either side of the fireplace, the sides won't look so anemic. It's a cheap fix to see if it's just the break up of color or if you really "need" more wood or just find the color blocking is making it look off.

• hace 7 años

Yes to more moulding. But it's a fast fix with some glue/nails and moulding from hardware store: http://blog.homedepot.com/diy-faux-fireplace-surround/

Take the top picture to the moulding section and have them match, use for the sides. Or pay for a contractor but either way definitely do it.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.