Houzz Logo Print
amar_magon

Need advice for TV accent Wall with mantel/Fireplace

Amar Magon
hace 7 años

Hi,

We have a wall with a high Mantel and a electric fireplace. Putting our TV above the mantel is too high and unpractical. So we have just lowered the mantel and will be able to place our 55" TV above the mantel on the wall.

Since we've done this work, I'd like to take the opportunity to make this area look better in the most economic way. I'm looking for all design ideas of how to make this wall look unique and special. (Currently the wall is a light yellowish paint colour and we plan on painting it to a white shade. But still open to other ideas for the wall in general).

THANKS!!

This first pic is how our mantel and wall were before we lowered.

This is how it looks with the mantel lowered.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Linda Bartels @ Closet Factory (Denver Metro)
    hace 7 años

Built-ins would work!

Amar Magon agradeció a Linda Bartels @ Closet Factory (Denver Metro)
  • dyliane
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

you need a built in

Amar Magon agradeció a dyliane
  • Amar Magon
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the tips. Built in seems to be a bit tricky because of the 2 small windows.

I wonder what options I might have to change the wall's finishing? Ie. wallpaper? brick style finish? wood laminent? etc...

• erinsean
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Think Joanna Gaines on Fixer Upper. How about shiplap?...boards going straight across or diagonal and could be stained or painted...just on the fireplace or even the whole wall and then get two consoles, one for each side of the fireplace...one for the TV and the other side for pretties. Want to add fireplace looks much better lowered..with some pretty art on it will look very nice..

• dyliane
    hace 7 años

I notice the windows but I don't think it' trick

• PRO
    Linda Bartels @ Closet Factory (Denver Metro)
    hace 7 años

When you do custom, anything is possible. Windows are easy to work around!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.