Houzz Logo Print
pipesaez

White walls, same shade of white for the ceiling?

Felipe
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

We chose an eggshell white for the walls and I was wondering
if painting the ceiling the same shade is the right thing to do. I ask because
I have understood that paint on a ceiling tends to look darker than what it
really is. I am also concerned about everything looking to washed out. My gut says to go with white-white on the ceiling, but any
input is greatly appreciated!

Forgot to add, the ceilings are slopped. Probably 8' to 14'.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Keep the same color, but use a flat finish for the ceiling so there's no shine. If you're concerned about a too bland look with the white on white, consider a deep, contrasting color for an accent wall, typically a wall you'd like to draw attention to, e.g. a gallery wall or a fireplace wall.

• PRO
    Montebella Homes, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Austin Transitional Remodel Living/Kitchen · Más información
    In this photo...walls, ceiling and cabinets are all painted same color, but different sheen. Walls are eggshell and ceiling flat. If it looks darker, its because of the lighting in the room at that time of day.

• PRO
    Montebella Homes, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Austin/Westlake Contemporary Dining · Más información
    Here's a sloped ceiling...painted same color as wall. Wall (eggshell), ceiling (flat).

• PRO
    Squint Photography
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I agree with the other comments. Keep color the same and consider an accent wall or use colorful art and accents, if you want to break things up. The same ceiling color would appear a bit darker because it is at a different plane from the walls -horizontal versus vertical - therefore the light hits it at a different angle.

• Felipe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you all very much. I will update the thread once we have the rooms painted.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.