Houzz Logo Print

Comentarios (15)

• windwizard
    hace 7 años

My favourite radiator is 91 million miles away, and is called the SUN. That is why I designed my solar dwelling... no radiators thank you very much.

• User
    hace 7 años
    No radiators Windwizard? Totally on board with solar n wind power (it is THE way forward) but how's the heat distributed around the house?
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Not a fan of radiators full stop, so covering them up is my option, but in a bathroom it definitely makes sense to combine them with a towel rail.
  • Krystle Dine
    hace 7 años

It was a tie between white Victorian, chubby Churchill and the traditional rad. I'm hoping to have a lovely dark Victorian style rad on my snug wall painted in Farrow and Ball's Hague Blue; with exposed vertical copper pipes coming down from upstairs. If I have to have exposed piping - I may as well make a feature of it! :)

• Dutchess
    hace 7 años

Underfloor heating anytime to leave space for more interesting pieces of furniture. I agree with fizzfan above that towel rails in bathrooms make sense.

• PRO
    Infrared Heating Technologies Ltd
    hace 7 años

Redpur I.R. Classic Bio convex Heaters with In-Photonic Technology built in, plain, with Redpur profile our your own private profile printed on not only can save up to 70% energy while reducing the equivalent amount of carbon footprint, but also completely reenergizes once body and neutralizes all existing allergens in the air, please check our houzz website www.houzz.co.uk/user/rudykutz/, The Redpur system is worldwide unique and only available through www.infraredheatingtechnologies.co.uk

• PRO
    Deborah Hayward
    hace 7 años

i love the design of the contempary rad idea in a modern bathroom

• jenicrighton
    hace 7 años

Can't really vote on this - it's a case of horses for courses!

• k11agl
    hace 7 años
    Floor heating - no radiator!!
  • PRO
    Designer Touch
    hace 7 años
    The white vertical contemporary radiators are fabulous. They are effective and perfect for emanating heat in our orangery kitchen extension.
  • PRO
    Feature Radiators
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

There is so much choice of stylish radiators these days that also offer a great heat output, so definitely no need for radiator covers anymore. Vertical radiators are a great option where wall space is restricted e.g. in a kitchen. Towel radiators offer any aspect when it comes to practicality. The choice is endless!

• windwizard
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Why do people like radiators?

They take up space, mess up the look of a room, leak and creak, need a boiler and maintenance, plus they make decorating the wall really tricky.

If you need to heat your house but don't want the cluttered 'radiator' look, then check out www.discreteheat.com... (water or electric skirting board heating).

Modern passive and super-insulated solar dwellings do not need a
    'heating system' - they cost very little to run and don't even need a wood
    burner, - which would very quickly cause overheating! (Note: Biomass fuel is not carbon neutral; not until you have fully grown a replacement ).

Other choices are underfloor heating which can be water or electric based. Another option is infra-red heating www.infraredcompany.com and www.herschel-infrared.co.uk, but it would be healthier all round if we started to evolve faster and stopped thinking like cavemen/womem. The way forward is insulation and the reduction of energy use, not radiators and fossil fuels.

• PRO
    AA Drafting Solutions
    hace 7 años

Cast Iron Radiators look great in Victorian properties. Recent project completed below with one installed..

Open Plan Kitchen Living Room · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.