lori_brown1848021

Update or buy new

Lori Brown
hace 7 años

Hello. Trying to decide if I should add to my Dining Room by updating chairs, buying a rug etc... Or getting a new set. Any ideas appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comentarios (8)

• apple_pie_order
    hace 7 años

Try some new artwork, then a new paint color. A new rug is another way to update the room. The dining set is beautiful. If you want a big change, try turquoise or silver blue.

You could rearrange your china cabinet contents, too, by adding three brighter colored plates or vases. Or staple some fabric to foamcore cut to fit behind a few of the shelves.

Oakley Home Builders · Más información

• PRO
    JY Design
    hace 7 años

The dining set looks like a timeless piece and should last you a long time. I would choose a new paint color, maybe even go more neutral and start over with the wall decor. But first, add a rug of your liking and build the wall color and artwork around that. If you changed out the chandelier for a more transitional piece, it would be a dramatic change also. Best of luck!

Lori Brown agradeció a JY Design
  • tfitz1006
    hace 7 años

I love your beautiful set and the chandelier. I'd get a rug and change paint and art. For some reason I'm thinking turquoise or celadon green. Also figure out how to tack the cord down from the China closet so it's not exposed.

Lori Brown agradeció a tfitz1006
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 7 años

I'd clean out the china cabinet a bit - looks a little too crowded (also hide that cord). Then a rug that matches the red in that painting (unless you're getting new art, then match that).

Are there specific things you don't like about your current set up? Overall I think it's really nice.

Lori Brown agradeció a 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Carpet Mill USA Inc.
    hace 7 años

I agree, try keeping the dinning set first, and after that the next purchase should be an area rug. From that pull wall color, art work and de-clutter your china cabinet. Then you can see from there if you need to change chairs.

Lori Brown agradeció a Carpet Mill USA Inc.
  • PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    hace 7 años

That's a nice dinning set, if anything I would reupholster it

Lori Brown agradeció a Cinar Interiors, Inc.
  • laurkade
    hace 7 años
    I love what you have done with this room. Chairs give it an updated look. I would consider deciding on art pieces from same era.
    Remove runner from table and place settings. Find different centerpiece for table. Perhaps use something(s) from hutch which looks too cluttered .
    Lori Brown agradeció a laurkade
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.