christophergrace

Smell in basement mechanical room

Christopher
hace 7 años

Our basement has developed and awful smell. I can't figure out what it is. It never used to be like this. It is very clean. No moisture. Cement is bone dry. It has a sump pump. The furnace, water heater and water pressure system are in this room. I do have an exhaust pipe fan that pulls air out of the basement (1 and 1/2 hours a day) to the outside so you would think that this would not happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comentarios (3)

• worthy
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Mould or sewer gas are always the likely suspects.

Check that any floor drains have water in them. Unless there's a regular drip feed, they dry out and you're one with your septic/cesspool/sewer.

Christopher agradeció a worthy
  • PRO
    CJ Mechanical of North jersey llc.
    hace 7 años

To be safe have a heating co come and check the systems.

• Christopher
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

It was the floor drain. The trap had dried out and was venting the septic back into the basement, especially when I had air being pulled out of the basement.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.