Houzz Logo Print
pcustode

Is this tile job acceptable?

pcustode
hace 7 años

We are having our kidney shaped mid-1980's pool re-plastered and re-tiled. Having a bit of a disagreement with the PB as to whether this tile installation is acceptable or not. (I, as you can imagine, don't think it is a very good job). Tell me the truth now, am I being difficult or should I expect a better job? The PB says it is a matter of taste.

Comentarios (5)

• OneLuckyGirl
    hace 7 años

I do not think so. It looks like it was done in 1970. I don't like the
    wide grout lines. My guess is they did it so they didn't have to make
    as many cuts. I had the same issue with our pool tile. Our PB said
    that that is the industry standard, but did agree it looked bad.
    "Luckily" (saying that sarcastically) they used the wrong color grout so
    our PB had to remove all the tile and start over. I used 3/16 grout lines and made them bevel the edges and corners. I had a very similar post on here with what our pictures looked like. I LOVE how it looks
    now.

• cpartist
    hace 7 años

That's a redo.

• ncrealestateguy
    hace 7 años

Teribble job, by even having low standards. And the tile that has edges exposed should be tiles that are bull nosed or rounded off in some way. You never want to see an unfinished edge of a tile.

• tj starkey
    hace 7 años

This job, makes my incompetent pool builder look competent. This guy should not be paid a dime...I hope you have not paid him at all..going to cost a lot just to demo what needs to be re-do - any decent judge that is not blind will go w you on this one.

• PRO
    www.SwimmingPoolSteve.com
    hace 7 años

This looks like a pretty good tile job for a person who is not a tile setter. As far as paying for this tile work, I would think that your builder has some explaining to do. The reality is that this tile work is substandard. They could have used bullnose tile to marry the transition edges, and they clearly did not worry too much about the tile placement or grout line consistency. This is the problem with things like tile work...the tiles are on the wall, so what is the problem? The old world artisans that I learned how to set tile from would, for sure, call that work garbage.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.